Hello! New to forum.

Guest vixnz

Hi, I'm an ex-OCD sufferer - this site was a great support to me 12 years ago when I realised these strange thoughts I'd had since childhood were OCD. Just finally understanding what it was made things so much better.

Anyway, 12 years later, and I now have a lovely 4 year old boy. Yesterday, he said to me "Mum, I can't stop thinking about things breaking. It's stuck in my head and won't go away". Is 4 too young to start getting OCD symptoms (mine came on at age 10)? I obviously want to support him the best way I can - or maybe I'm just over-reacting!

Edited by vixnz

Hi vixnz,

Welcome (back) to the forum! :welcome:

Glad to see things have been better for you in the intervening years :original:

I'm not sure if there is any limit to the age you can start with OCD, I can remember having symptoms when I was young (not sure of the exact age? 5/6?) but it didn't really get bad until I was 18.

There is a Children's OCD guide on the OCD UK website you can download, it may be worth a read?

Hopefully it'll turn out to be nothing, but if it is OCD then at least you'll have caught it early & you will be well placed to offer real understanding :original:

Best wishes,

Symps