Tough 24 hours

Guest Nikki79

I find I normally get a couple of hours of respite each day. The thoughts are still there but don't feel quite so sharp. I try and look forward to those moments when I'm feeling really desperate, although I can never predict when I am going to feel a little better. Take care.

Guest Nikki79

More than you understand. Keep going.

Your way didn't work and never will

I'm in pain mate and feel it may not ever go away. If I ruminate I might find some relief Caramoole. I was shopping and had an anxiety attack over the concern

Edited by Nikki79
Guest Nikki79

But if you don't ignore, you won't solve anything either. As much as I ruminate, I still never "solve" anything.

Thats true but I might feel better about it?

I think you think you will feel better, but you won't in the long run. If you are like me and fear you have done something bad, maybe you feel guilty about not ruminating. Sometimes I ruminate to punish myself in case I did something bad...like I don't deserve to think about anything else. But trust me, this has never helped me in any way. It just makes things worse.

Guest Nikki79

I think you think you will feel better, but you won't in the long run. If you are like me and fear you have done something bad, maybe you feel guilty about not ruminating. Sometimes I ruminate to punish myself in case I did something bad...like I don't deserve to think about anything else. But trust me, this has never helped me in any way. It just makes things worse.

I feel guilt over it , what may have occured

Good bring it on. Let's play it our way Nikki ! Not the ocd way

Your also falling into the its why whens what's again Nikki !!

Progress only comes with change,peserveramce and patience

Edited by legend
Guest Nikki79

Good bring it on. Let's play it our way Nikki ! Not the ocd way

Your also falling into the its why whens what's again Nikki !!

Progress only comes with change,peserveramce and patience

So what would you do now if you felt like I do? Assuming you know how ****, scared and guilty I feel

Guest Nikki79

And what does that mean to you? How gave you been told to address that (common) issue?

I know but some are harder so much harder than others, don't you agree?

Guest Nikki79

Plus no one knows what my worry or concern is, it may not seem bad or whatever to you guys but horrendous to me and maybe is something to worry about you know

Worry is an endless going over the same pattern of thoughts without achieving a resolution, and ruminating is like a worry and,as Legend says, achieves nothing.

And as Caramoole says, we don't need to know the detail of the mdlental chaff that forms the base of each others ruminations. The sufferer just has to stay strong and say - don't try that dirty trick of telling me its not OCD and I need to worry .

Patience and perseverance Nikki.

Edited by taurean
maybe is something to worry about you know

Then there's not a lot of point offering advice on OCD.

You want reassurance, we and the therapist aren't happy to do that and have explained why....so that takes you right back to that little word "Choice" you can choose to carry on ruminating and examining the "thing" that bothers you and not move forward or you can take the risk and try the other way.

Whatever, you can't change the past and you can beat yourself as hard as you want, punish yourself but you won't change a thing.

No-one understimates how painful, distressing and upsetting this is for you....you're not alone in that, we've all been there even if everyones details differ slightly.....but at the moment you seem stuck with the illusion that your case is different and perhaps tougher than other peoples.

Caramoole

Guest Nikki79

Worry is an endless going over the same pattern of thoughts without achieving a resolution, and ruminating is like a worry and,as Legend says, achieves nothing.

And as Caramoole says, we don't need to know the detail of the mdlental chaff that forms the base of each others ruminations. The sufferer just has to stay strong and say - don't try that dirty trick of telling me its not OCD and I need to worry .

Patience and perseverance Nikki.

I seem to be able with alot of thoughts but some stick so much harder my friend :(

Guest Nikki79

Still trying to not engage in the thoughts that are bothering me but I'm my form isn't good over it. I feel down when I think what if this one never gets solved and haunts me forever!!