What can you tell me about false attractions? POCD

Guest OCDsufferer9

Guest OCDsufferer9

I have a massive fear of being a pedophile. I've been told I suffer from OCD many times before by my therapists. I understand reassurance-seeking is bad for me but I would like some help about this. I'm always falling in the trap that is OCD when having these feelings which feel like they're true attractions so I want to understand why they happen and what they are. I would like some feedback, please.

Guest Orwell1984

If you read 'Brain Lock' it explains how neurones misfire in the brain causing OCD symptoms including sensations, feelings and thoughts that do not reflect ur identity and are benign. The fear/arousal circuitry is on overload. At this point it is best not to analyse but accept the brain is sending false signals, pay them no heed as it's OCD again and redirect your focus to an activity that requires your attention. Less attention you pay it, the sooner it will pass. Practise this and such thoughts won't feel as pronounced

Edited by Orwell1984
Guest OCDsufferer9

You've been told many times why's and when's, what you're doing here is reassurance seeking

There is only one answer No.9.....Because you have OCD.

What is it you're hoping to hear? Because there isn't really another explanation :(

They just feel like I want them...

I agree with the others. You're seeking reassurance. You haven't bought into the belief this is OCD, you have massive doubt (which is an OCD trait) and you want to be reassured that you truly are dealing with OCD.

The problem is that even if you did receive a really good answer, it wouldn't suffice. Soon enough you'd be back here asking for some other kind of reassurance. On and on it would go.

You've been told enough times you are dealing with OCD. Start dealing with the OCD.