Let's Try To Look For The Positives Today!

I'll start us off.

Negative

I have a three and a half hour round trip to Chelmsford to undertake today..I have two very sick brothers-in-law.

Positives

The trains are comfortable, I can keep in touch via the internet using this smartphone,I like Chelmsford Cify. I enjoy my work, I am wearing my OCD-UK lapel badge to remind myself that false messages from OCD are just thoughts!

I am fond of my colleagues in Chelmsford and the sun is shining.

My brothers-in-law have good medical attentkion and are surrounded by the love of family and friends.

Guest Plex

Negative: I feel like everyone is deliberately getting too close to me (walking too close, sitting right next to me despite plenty of other places to sit, etc.) and I feel like throwing stuff.

Positives: Work is paying for a mental health assessment with a private psychiatrist for me, the cafe downstairs had pumpkin soup today and I only have two more hours til I can go home.

Guest jayjay89

Negative, I'm snowed in at work tonight, no way to get home!

Positive, I work for a marketing company so there are heaps of new gadgets to play with and I get time in lieu for every hour I am stuck here, even if I am sleeping!

Negative - work is boring at the moment, so my mind tends to go on a wander, internet browsing helps though!

Positive - I am feeling good!! Did my makeup up well this morning, trying out new products it's great fun! Also seeing my friend later for a girly gossip.

Negative: I feel like everyone is deliberately getting too close to me (walking too close, sitting right next to me despite plenty of other places to sit, etc.) and I feel like throwing stuff.

lol. I thought I was the only one that felt that way. I've complained about that many times. On a train early in the morning and the only one on it and then 1 other person gets on and sits right across from me instead of in any of the plenty of empty seats far away to spread out to. And then starts talking to me! Or at the airport having to wait and go to a fairly empty terminal far away from the few other people sitting there, and very soon someone again will choose to sit right across from me. Park in an empty parking lot and get there early so have some time to spend in the car waiting, and a few min later another car pulls into it and parks right next to mine! Really? I always think, why don't people want and value their space and privacy like I do when they could get it?

Edited by ADD
Guest Plex

lol. I thought I was the only one that felt that way. I've complained about that many times. On a train early in the morning and the only one on it and then 1 other person gets on and sits right across from me instead of in any of the plenty of empty seats far away to spread out to. And then starts talking to me! Or at the airport having to wait and go to a fairly empty terminal far away from the few other people sitting there, and very soon someone again will choose to sit right across from me. Park in an empty parking lot and get there early so have some time to spend in the car waiting, and a few min later another car pulls into it and parks right next to mine! Really? I always think, why don't people want and value their space and privacy like I do when they could get it?

Cannot like this enough!

I know most of the time it's just me being irrational but seriously, when I get on a train and there are 6 empty seats next to each other and a person sitting in the last one, I don't go and sit right next to them! Or if there's a really wide footpath and 4 people could easily walk abreast, why would you almost rub up against someone when there's all that space? Ugh, drives me nuts.

Yeh it's crazy. Most people do spread out, though there is always those few that don't. I have no problem getting up right away and sitting somewhere else. Always have to keep moving a lot to find space again.

Guest Plex

I have no problem getting up right away and sitting somewhere else. Always have to keep moving a lot to find space again.

Yeah I do too, but it's a pain. Can't even go to the bathroom here in my office without groups of people converging right outside the stalls and having loud conversations. Sometimes I think I'm crazy, and other times I think I might actually be the only sensible person I know :p

Negative

Really hot on the trains home from Chelmsford - plus severe delays due to some incident at a level crossing.

Positive

Found a ;lovely restaurant in Chelmsford to hold my retirement lunch later this monthl

Guest paramoregirl

NEGATIVE

Gave into my checking compulsions earlier and got upset.

POSITIVE

Had the afternoon of work and me and hubby went out and sat in the sun. Did yoga and had yummy food.

negative: had the worst day for my ocd ever.

my daughters dad's mum said I'm an amazing mum and the best for her grand daughter but how can I be when I have these horrible disturbing feelings and thoughts? and how can I be when sometimes I get angry at her...can't help but feel the worst guilt :(

negative: had the worst day for my ocd ever.

my daughters dad's mum said I'm an amazing mum and the best for her grand daughter but how can I be when I have these horrible disturbing feelings and thoughts? and how can I be when sometimes I get angry at her...can't help but feel the worst guilt :(

Hi findingithard

Positives

You are not responsible for your OCD or the disturbing thoughts that it conjures up (any more than I and countless other sufferers are) , which I suspect may well be the opposite to your true feelings and emotions. So your daughters dad's mum, who sees the real you, is I imagine right. your real, non-OCD'd character is the true you - not the one OCD tries to portray.

Getting angry at someone is not bad, its quite normal - I am certainly no saint in that regard myself - happens to us all - it doesn't make us bad people.

OCD tries to show us all that we should feel guilty - its another common ploy; well don't, when there is nothing to feel guilty about. Give yourself a hug, and it's positive you can connect with us when troubled.

:original: :hug:

Guest jayjay89

Negative, I had to shake a gross mans hand at work today and the I found myself washing my hands for the next ten minutes.

Positive, I stopped washing after 10 minutes, usually it would take 30+. Positive, I ate lunch at work today, with my coworkers in the same room... 3 months ago I would gave had to go home to eat

Negative - struggling a little bit resisting compulsions, in a bit of a flap because we're packing for holidays.

Positives - we're going to the Lakes! There's a pencil museum! There's Beatrix Potter's house! I've got some interesting books to read. And the car journey will be nice.

Interesting observation about this topic.

There was no mention of negative in the thread title, yet everyone has mentioned the negative before the positive. Just an example of mirroring behaviour or perhaps an insight of how the OCD mind works?

Anyway, positive:

Had a nice ride to work this morning

No compulsions on the road

It isn't hot

I have peanut butter for lunch ;)

Guest aleuk

There was no mention of negative in the thread title, yet everyone has mentioned the negative before the positive. Just an example of mirroring behaviour or perhaps an insight of how the OCD mind works?

Anyway, positive:

It isn't hot

Sounds like a good day so far then !

Well, I've been doing more swimming and spending more time outside, reading more and I passed my literacy skills test, yay! One down, one to go. :)

There was no mention of negative in the thread title, yet everyone has mentioned the negative before the positive. Just an example of mirroring behaviour or perhaps an insight of how the OCD mind works? P

Anyway, positive:

It isn't hot

I can explain all Ascend.

I deliberately didn't mention negatives in the title to the thread, to attract people to open the thread.

Then I started with with a negative, then introduced a positive; the purpose being to encourage people stuck with negative vibes to not be overburdened by them. but rather to look for and engage with positives.

Seek and you shall find!

Edited by taurean