July Compulsive Reading magazine

Guest OCD-UK RSS

Guest OCD-UK RSS
CRbannerJuly2014.jpg

The latest publication of the OCD-UK magazine, Compulsive Reading is now out, and will be with OCD-UK members during the next week.

So if you're not already a member, now is a great time to become a member of OCD-UK! To receive copies of this and other magazines, in addition to receiving lots of other member benefits all you need to do is become a member of OCD-UK. Please join our community, and support our charity by becoming a member, please click here to become a member.

The magazine provides a great mix of community content, OCD related news and personal stories including exclusive content not published online. You may take a closer look at one of our magazines by downloading a previous issue free of charge.

2014-july-th.jpg

July 2014 (Issue 31) - Inside this 40-page issue:

• Article by Dr Adam Radomsky - Pride vs. shame: Unwanted thoughts about being gay
  • Corrie's Ian Puleston-Davies talks OCD
  • Running and OCD
  • Behind A Mind OCD event review
  • Are you a little bit OCD? project report
  • Bedlam review
  • Comment on Obsessive Compulsive Cleaners
  • Louise shares her Pregnancy and OCD story
  • OCD news
  • OCD poetry
  • Book reviews
  • and much more.

During 2014, OCD-UK members will now receive even more:

• Three issues of our Compulsive Reading magazine.
  • Two copies of the newsletter Compulsive Reading Extra.
  • Larger discount on tickets for our annual conference, this year being held in Nottingham
  • Discount on tickets for smaller 'Audience with' events in London and Belfast

So if you're not already a member, now is a great time to become a member of OCD-UK! To receive your copies, all you need to do is support OCD-UK by pledging to become a member for a year, from just £2 a month or £24 annually. Click here to become a member of OCD-UK

Tags:

View the article on the OCD-UK website

Ok so this is a stupid question. When you send the magazine out does it have 'OCD-UK' on the envelope or anything like that? I'd like to be a member and get the magazine but I don't want anyone to know. Yes I realize I'm pathetic but there you go.

Hi Ginger,

It looks like you have them emailed, I have just sent another from the office@ocduk.org email account, check if you see it in inbox or junk. I can resend the ones you have misses. If you prefer I am happy to send them hard copy through the post, just let me know your postal address.

Ashley

Ok so this is a stupid question. When you send the magazine out does it have 'OCD-UK' on the envelope or anything like that? I'd like to be a member and get the magazine but I don't want anyone to know. Yes I realize I'm pathetic but there you go.

Just as Legend explains, we do indeed send everything out in plain unmarked envelopes, with no reference to OCD at all on the packaging. :) If you prefer we can instead just email members communications, so that's another option :)

Wishing you well,

Ashley

I'm sitting here on a campsite in the middle of nowhere, and I am thoroughly enjoying my first issue of Compulsive Reading on my phone.

Firstly, I was not expecting such a professional-looking magazine. It's amazing.

Secondly, reading it is heartwarming. Especially the thank you section. So many people giving do much to help the people with this horrible illness.

I will never say that I'm happy to have OCD but I am happy to have found this place and be a small part of this community.

Kudos to the OCD-UK team.

I feel just the same OCDCanuck - its a brilliant magazine, and I shall enjoy reading it over a period of time, like savouring the best wine.

And I am humbled by the wonderful efforts the committee, the moderators, the volunteers and all the fund-raisers make to help the organisation help others, including - of course - you and me.

By the way I am especially proud of the work being done by the charity to educate therapists in the particular machinations of OCD - it's only one of a number of anxiety disorders, but it does require very special consideration and treatment.

Hi AJ,

The hard copies only left here Friday and the rest today (second class) so they may still be in the postal system, but I have popped an email version over to you just now.

Regards, Ashley :)

What an awesome magazine . For some reason I wasn't a member anymore so I haven't had mags for a while I'm so impressed with the amount and quality of text :-) well done guys. Ps if you pay £2 a month does it automatically stop after a year? If it does I think you should consider keeping the direct debit rolling unless it is cancelled

What an awesome magazine .

Thank you :) I will pass all your feedback on to the team.

Monthly payments are left in place until the person cancels, or their card expires. We do send reminders annually too.

Guest PatsyG

Great magazine, thanks! :) Personally it makes me feel less alone with my struggles and gives me a sense of community :)

PS Anyone notice a spelling mistake on the cover..? ;)

Guest honey

I must say that I sat on my sofa practically howling when I read this magazine. I quite literally cannot believe how much progress there has been since I was an undiagnosed, untreated, horribly poorly teenager in the 1980s. I am stunned that my very worst problems are now openly discussed, debated and acknowledged. This is such a brilliant change in our culture. And Ashley deserves so much credit for this, as the individual who drove this charity forwards 10 years ago. And everyone else who has helped since deserves a huge round of congratulations too!

honey :original:

Thank you all for your kind comments, I am so glad the magazine is of interest to our members. I already have content for the next magazine and I hope to have it to you all by the end of September.

Ashley :)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest LauraMac

The magazine is fantastic Ash, it's become my night-time reading in bed. Been really enjoying it! Mum and dad have even been having a read so that's positive too. :)

Laura x

It is an in inspiration, put together by inspirational people.

And i feel inspired to submit something myself in due course, but I reckon the quality of the content submitted is clearly so high I will have to work incredibly hard to get past the editors and have a chance to appear in print!.

Edited by taurean