Bad thoughts and Meds

Guest AJ45

Changing meds and now feeling suicidal, tearful and sick. Trying to be ok but I'm not ! I know it's not the first time I've felt like this and it prob won't be the last . When it happens it scares me !

I think if I vocalise this feeling - I will be ok .

This is the only place I suppose I feel safe to say I'm having suicidal thoughts . Now I move on accept this is part of the course and hope it doesn't get worse .

Edited by AJ45
Guest heartplace

Sorry to hear you're feeling bad, AJ :( Things get better. I can definitely see how it scares you! It feels good to be able to vent, though. Have you told your therapist how you're feeling? Do you have a trusted friend you can confide in about this?

Guest OCD-in-ireland

Hi AJ45,

Im sorry to hear that you are struggling like you are at the moment. Just want to let you know that we are all here to support you and that you cannot give up the fight. Things will certainly get better for you!

Have a good weekend :)

Thanks everyone .

I need a place to vent my feelings as home life can't and more importantly shouldn't have to deal with this.

I'm lost in a void explaining to my children "withdrawal" symptoms . Explaining why I must continue on tablets. It a good job the education system teaches what it does about mental health issues.

I'm bad tempered horrible person today. Felt ok two mins ago then Wham! something happened and I'm unable to function . I don't know what I really feel / think - wish I could run away !!!!

It's a while since I've had the urge to get in my car - drive and just keep going.

Doesn't it say in the leaflets that come with meds that if you're having suicidal feelings you should tell your doctor? You need to be aware of the difference between acceptable side effects and side effects which indicate that your meds are really not 'agreeing' with you.

Guest lizinlondon

I am on the third week of starting meds. How do you know if it is a bad reaction or a side effect? My head feels cloudly all day and I can't get to sleep and when I do sleep I can't get up. I was thinking that this might be normal in the first few weels. My doc says the meds take a while to work. How do I know if this is normal?

Guest jayjay89

That's the trouble with some drs, sometimes they don't really explain what to expect (I suspect that they don't always know)

Personally, I give it about a week/2 weeks, if serious side effects continue (suicidality, inability to function) then I'm back at the drs.

Edit - it also depends how you were before you started the meds, if you were already suicidal then don't expect it to go away quickly. If you were already struggling to get out of bed or function, then it makes sense for it to take time. If you were just feeling down and you feel worse now, you should definitely go back to the drs!

Edited by jayjay89

Thanks- yes if things get worse not better I raise it at next appointment. It's the waves of feelings that just strike - found myself the other day in a car park on top floor wondering what if!!!! Then something else kicks in and i know to walk away.

Sometimes I wonder how much of all this I can continue to take before I actually crack .....

Liz, meds do take a while to start working and for your system to get used to the effects . You will probably know if it's not right. Normal is an unknown - they will react differently between people. So it will be what is normal for you .

Guest jayjay89

Not trying to sound blaise, or give reassurance - but even 'normal people' have the what if thoughts about jumping off cliffs etc when they are near them :)

Jay jay Yes - I will remember next time to check if I'm dressed for the occasion ! If I go home to change, I will start to worry !!!

I drove forward once on a cliff edge , totally unintentional not much difference between reverse and first!!!! Never parked that close again - see normal me!!!