It's like an addiction

Guest soph

I am a mess today, this is the worst I have been since the beginning and I can't deal with it. I am totally swamped and I can't breathe properly.

I am having to check and ruminate constantly just for a tiny bit of relief which therefore makes it worse because I get annoyed at myself.

I feel like an addict because I am so terrified of what will happen if I don't do these things. How can I go from being okay to this? It's so unfair :(

Because ocd is a master trickster,i know how hard it is to not check,just keep chipping away

It feels like the analizeing is beyond our control and its automatic,but its us chooseing to do it and not being able to brake the mental habit

I gave up smokeing 5 months ago,i used to think about it all the time,now maby twice a day,if you can just resist analizeing bit by bit the balance will change

I used to ruminate from the second I woke to sleep,but now I get big chunks of the day free,of course ocd is always wating to trip me up and does,but im learning to manage it better,and its good to know I can turn to support here xx

I have calmed down a little since earlier but I can't help thinking that I am creating this because I want attention and that it's not really what I think it is....

I just want to be free of worry and anxiety. I want to go back to my doctor but I am so so scared I don't know what I can do.