I think Coffee/Caffeine may be affecting my progress a fair bit

I think my Caffeine/Coffee intake may be really affecting my progress a fair bit.Well I feel kind of silly mentioning this because many people may be be possibly thinking well it does affect you clearly :D .I don't drink a crazy amount but I do think i do sonsume a little too much and then I tend to feel quite down,my head hurts a fair bit,perhaps a bit too much anxiety& I do struggle to then have any motivation,interst in anything.I've tried to cut this down I have a fair bit to what i used to drink but my current consumption as much is the strong Italian expresso coffee is most likely affecting me badly.

The morning is where I struggle quite a degree really I've tried to cut it down it is better to what as I've staed I used to consume but during the day I still have too much.

Guest OCDQueen

If it is coffee you're drinking, opt for decaf as it tastes exactly the same! Decaf tea is also good, it does taste slightly different but not enough to put you off! X

Guest lizinlondon

Yeah start alternating. Have a caffine one then a decaf one and gradually cut down. One normal coffee a day is okay but too much can increase anxiety. I used to have two strong ones a day but now am on decaff cos I can't handle caffine right now because I am on prozac.

Thanks very much for your comments OCDQ&liz very much appreciated&always helpful as ever :original: .I'm going to try hard to do something about this problem asap :original: .

I'm on decaf tea, no regrets! Fewer panic attacks and I don't look like an oddball, perfect! But seriously, go decaf! :D

OCDQueen, give Yorkshire Tea decaf a go. Bit pricey but it doesn't taste any different to normal Yorkshire Tea. It's a larder must-have for me now! :D

FoosBoo88 x

Edited by FoosBoo88

I never got into coffee (yes I'm from Seattle, home of Starbucks, I know I'm a bit weird ;) ) but pop and to a lesser extent tea I do drink. These days I try to go easy on the caffeine because I know it can lead to anxiety so I second the suggestions to try decaf versions! I've never been able to tell the difference taste wise

Yeah I quit caffeine full stop 12 months ago, all the little things you do that slightly help add up!!! :original:

Just started the odd cup of de-caff coffee when fancied. I cant tell the difference.....but had no caffeine for 12 months!!!

My hardest was cola - tesco do de-caff which I have at home but pubs dont, and that genneraly what I would drink!!

Thanks very much for your replies again i'm still trying hard with it but not much success to be honest :weep: .To be honest maybe I'm not trying really hard or I'm just struggling with cutting back the caffeine I don't know really.I'm still finding the mornings the hardest part& have given in really when the morning comes get that type of rush/excitement so then I want a coffee so i give in.It's well really both the Coffee&alcohol along with my diet that I have to really improve on so much.I'm doing a lot of work with my treating health professionals&going away trying to adapt to the strategies just that in the moment I've ended up giving in and then I feel down on myself really.

I wrote a thread on this recently - I'm a few days into a trial period of no caffeine ( after massively abusing it for years!!) And I have to say it's made a huge difference. After the caffeine withdrawal headaches went I feel much calmer and I also sleep better, I really can't stress what a difference it's made. I don't think I'll give it up forever but I do recommend going without for a trial period and seeing what difference it makes x

Guest Annabel

When I was at the Anxiety disorders residential unit it seemed like everyone was on decaf! We all felt caffeine made us buzzy! At times when i'm down that buzz really helps though so I do as some of the others have said and alternate the caffeine with some decaf :)

Thanks very much GB&annabel for your replies very much appreciated.GB I'd actually rather put up with the headaches for a short period obviously if I can give up the Coffee/Caffeine or if I can really reduce that it would be just as good :original: .