My OCD is Gone. Finally

Guest Matthew

Guest Matthew

I finally got through OCD. After praying, hoping, and struggling against this frustrating illness, I am now set free. For the first time today, I went on a nice relaxing trip with my Father without a single OCD thought. I am set free from this illness.

How did I do this? For the past month, I've been just stopping everything. Stopping rituals, worrying. I focus my mind on other things. It will be HELL, but it will probably get you through it. Your OCD thoughts will probably be as high as ever before, you will worry more than usual. But just stop, stop everything. Do something else, get your mind off of it. And you won't be able too, but if you just stop doing your rituals, (ocd), it will slowly fade away.

But as I said, it will be hell the first week or 2.

Now I had severe ocd and was able to overcome this. You can too. Now this method may not be for you, but try it. You'll probably lose some sleep, worry, and be very anxious. But once you train your brain that it really does not matter, you slowly start to ignore it and it will become nothing.

Now, you will ALWAYS have OCD thoughts. It's incredibly hard, maybe impossible to get the thoughts COMPLETELY away. But I have limited it so much that I only get thoughts maybe once every 2 days and hopefully even LOWER eventually. But now I ignore them, and as you do that it will dissapear from your life slowly.

Try it. If you haven't you need to. Remember, its going to be hard, and incredibly difficult, but if you want to get away from this you need to train your brain and focus on other things. Train your brain thats its really nothing to worry about, and that almost 100% of the world has no problem with it. I am only 13 years old, and excited more then ever about my future, too. Like going to NYU and moving to NYC where my father grew up.

Hopefully I can maintain this. I will probably always get occasional "side" thoughts, but lets just say its not the main focus in my life anymore.

Good luck to all of you still having major problems with this, and please message me if you like to know more or need more help with this.

Sincerely, your friend, matthew.

Edited by Matthew
Guest willowtree

Matthew, that is fabulous news, and I pray that you will continue to make progress over the years and when you have grown into an adult, all of this hell will be well behind you. Good for you, wonderful to hear some good news

Willow