OCD and the easy cure for it

OCD is very easy to cure . Right now if you want . But it does not mean that you won't get that thought again . This is the mistake people think . They think that they can get rid of the thought . That thought is not the problem. It is a problem only if you see it as a problem. If you are afraid of it . If you are not afraid of that thought ... the thought has no authority over you . And I will exemplify it to make it clear . First of all .... a thought or a word that you hear on television or on the street has the same value . The thought you produce in your mind ... and the word you hear in your ears . It really doesn't matter where it comes from . Does it ? No it doesn't !! Thought and feeling always come together . And thought activates feeling some times ... and feeling activate thought some times . It does not really matter which one does it first ... they come together . BUT what does the OCD person do ?? They get anxiety over having anxiety ..... which brings more of the thought of having that thought . Which perpetuates over and over again endlessly because thought and anxiety are really the same thing . And because you have anxiety of having anxiety .... you are actually having more of the thought . Everybody has negative thoughts . EVERYBODY, .. it doesn't mean you can get rid of the negative thoughts . How can you get rid of something that is just fear . It is just anxiety ?? Well the only thing you can do is not have that anxiety anymiore . That's it !! When that thought comes ... don't have anxiety about that thought !! You can laugh it out . What else can you do more than this ?? Because it doesn't have any authority over you if you feel good when you have it !! Why not ?

1) It is simple why not .Because the mind and body can only hold 1 feeling at a time . It can't hold 2 feelings at the same time . So if I feel good about that thought . The feeling can't really hurt me . I can't die of laughter . Can I ??

2 )Secondly let's say that the concept ... which has no real power without feeling ... the concept really is bad for you . Well the concept can only make me act a certain way which will put me in danger . A compulsive thought like " Jump off the window " can really hurt me only if I actually jump off that window . But because I know I want to live , that action never comes . And that thought can really be changed to a positive thought in 1 second if that thought comes . The thought has no power in 1 second to make me jump off a building ... meaning only the concept . A concept doesn't have any life to it without energy . It's just words. That may convince you still , a little impossible without feeling but still let's say they do . Words you can change as quickly as you want to change them . So in 1 second words without feelings can't really convince me of anything .

3) Because you don't feed anxiety with anxiety anymore ... and feed anxiety with laughter . It really means that the subconscious mind will come less and less . Because you don't solicitate it with your anxiety . If it does come ... laugh it off again . Can't hurt you in anyway .

So thought only happens to the present moment . Even if you remember something ... it is still the present moment which is really the only life . You can't really live in the past . It's absurd . It's the present moment with a past story to it, meaning memory . So there is no past really . You are living in the past even if a past concept comes to your mind . It is not really your choice what comes to your mind some of the time . You can only choose the attitude twards that past experience . What more can you do ? The past is the past . And that is that . You can't change anything from the past and you really should not because the past never exists . It only exists the present moment . The past is just a memory . Choosing to change some memory is not really necessary . Memory is formed all the time and you can't really choose what to remember and what to not remember . Except by ignoring . When you let go completely of a certain thought like it is not important . The thought will not stick to your memory anymore . It will fade with time . You cannot make your memory dissapear right this instant because it's so fresh for you . But you can choose to ignore from this point on ..... which will make things better and better in the future for you .

The purpose of anxiety

The purpose of anxiety is really making you aware of the danger. You think you have AIDS for 2 months for example . You go and see the doctor . And the doctor tells you you're fine . With those little words the doctor told you ... it should really erase everything from the past . Why ? Because it is a good news and you should not really torment yourself anymore . How can the past hurt you if it isn't true ?? You even laugh about that anxiety and even tell it to your friends ... how stupid you were because you thought about it for so long . Do you think that just because you thought about it for 2 months it will come true in the future ?? Of course not ... because now you are more careful with your actions . You don't have unsafe sex or something like that . A person who landed roughly with a plane will be more careful with getting into planes in the future . The problem is that if he is the pilot , now the danger is the bad feeling that he carries around with him ... making him anxious which will get him into trouble. But you can choose to laugh at that **** ... and feel the way you want to feel ... no one can impose on you to feel a certain way . You are more attentive with what you do ... which is good .

And this is what Viktor Frankl also said. He use to show statistics to people who were having OCD ... which showed that people with OCD don't get into the trouble that they fear . So that takes the wind out of the fear . If the fear doesn't exist ... and the possibility is less probable to happen ... what is the problem then ?? Just having that thought in your head some of the time ?? It's crazy . Thought without feeling has no power . It is as simple as that . And thought has a specific feeling to it . There is sort of a frequency that you activate with your fear that brings the thought . But if that frequency is not activated by you because you don't feel anymore the fear .... the thought will come at it's usual rate ... without you having any problems with that .

Listen .... psychologists hear all sorts of **** from the mouths of people . All day long for tens of years in a row . Do you want me to give you a statistic to find out if psychologists die young or not ?? Or doctors who deal with the same specific problem over and over again. Heart doctors who treat this kind of problem 40- 50 years in a row . Do most of them die of a heart disease because they think of heart disease for 50 years ? No ... I don't really have a statistic ... but they actually have less of a chance of developing heart problems because they know all the dangers .

This OCD stuff is really crazy .... and it is really sabotaging yourself over and over again . Killing yourself with worry . Worry produced by you and no one else . Don't blame the thoughts . They aren't the problem .

Edited by don7frye

So if for example you get an irrational fear about ulcer ... let's say . Which is really stupid because you are feeling fine . Do you think that with a little anxiety in that split of a second to a general positive person will be enough to have in the future ulcer? Do you think it can damage your homeostatic system ... your imune system in that second ?? Even if you are aware of your fear and act in a better way that prevents that from happening ?? Of course not .. It's crazy . But what do people really do ?? They have anixety , they get depressed about it and they start smoking and drinking alot to push that stuff away from their minds . So the fear does not exist anymore .... when you do this ? Why ? Partly because of the drug that you used ... meaning alcohol and nicotine . And partly because you acted acording to what you were fearing . How can you be afraid of damaging your health and at the same time consciously damaging your health with cigarettes and alcohol ? Do you realise how stupid it all is ?? Or they have constant anxiety about that over and over again ... which really does break your homeostatic system in time .

Edited by don7frye
Guest jayjay89

Hi, I haven't read the whole post but from a skim read it appears that your theory is based on a belief that you can only experience one emotion at a time..... I have to query that as I am fairly certain that on a very regular basis I feel 2 or more emotions at once.

However like I said I only skim read, so just ignore me if I miss understood

Some people from history with OCD :

The list can go on . OCD is not dangerous . There is not any proof that people with OCD will get more of what they fear than the rest . As you see these people lived long lives with OCD so ... that is proof that it doesn't guarantee anything bad because you had a certain thought . And I bet ... it makes it less probable to happen to those who don't **** on their health with improper action . IF YOU are afraid of SHARKS ... just go in the water less than a normal person does .

Edited by Ashley
Removed list of people. Not our place to say XYZ may have OCD

Good fine ... you feel 2 emotions at the same time . And one of them you can't control . What can you do about that ? Nothing . Just feel positive the next second ... you can't control it !! LOL!! DO you realise how aburd it all is ?? Just don't let it sink to deeply man ... that's all !! OCD people are just going round and round with this feeling ... even solicitating the feeling themselves because they worry about it !!

Yes ... but it starts to be less of a problem now . Because most of the time I am positive . I cannot change the appearence of certain thoughts . That is not in my power . But I can choose to have proper nutrition , and I can choose to have some thoughts some of the time .... meaning most of the time . That is in my power . Also I can choose to feel partially good even when a bad thought comes . So the bad thought really doesn't take my whole nervous system by storm . So if I can do all that I can .. which is this, ... I can't prevent thought from happening , and I carry on like nothing happens during the day ... then I am doing all that I can . Can I prevent something from happening in the future by worring more ?? Of course not !! That is not possible !! Are there people who actually think of bad thoughts constantly and live long lives ?? Yes ... doctors !! If being a doctor would be so dangerous no one would become a doctor . 8 hours a day they must deliberately think on the same problem, over and over again, even more some of the time . . Does that kill them with time ?? OF course not !! It's crazy to think that it does . There is no proof of that . Actually there is proof of the oposite . Heart doctors know all the dangers and know how to stay away from them . The problem arises when you think about that **** all day long and after that you start to smoke or drink , or bad nutrition, or something like that .

Edited by don7frye

And laughter is really something that you do for something counter intuitive. Intuition and intrusive thought are really the same thing if you think about it . It is just thought that is automatic and comes from nowhere . A comic says something , and because it is absurd .. instead of believing that stuff ... you start to laugh at that stuff . Meaning that the thought did not program you to do anything the comic said ... and you felt also good about that . What is so difficutl to understand ?? You can't control the thought any more than you can control what's on TV or what somebody says . It's the same thing really !!

Edited by don7frye

And people who don't think of that thought you are thinking of ..... really have the same problem you do . Because something can either happen or it can't happen in your life . There is not a 3'rd option . That thing is for everybody no matter what they think of . If I don't think at all about getting a cold ... does that guarantee I won't get sick of a cold ever ?? There are many people catching colds even if they don't think about it . You might say ... I have a better chance of getting that stuff because I think about it unlike those people . No you don't , you have a better chance of not getting that thing . Because most of the time you think about the opposite ... and because of that ... the thing can apear or it can't appear in your life. just like those people . But you have some control with your mantra that you are repeating of that thing to not happen at all . But if you loose all hope ... then there is nothing more to discuss really .. because like I said ... you are sabotagging yourself really . :)

Edited by don7frye
Guest imalright

Don

That's a lot of text haha!

But I appreciated your words......I deal with OCD in some similar ways as you. We have similar ways of thinking in some areas.

:-)

The thing is simple ... if you want to hear it fine ... if you don't well .. I did my job .

You can conrol - What you want , and what you don't want . Everything else is not in your control . How do you control what you want ? Just want something !! How do you control what you don't want . Well you can't not want it ... because now you have put it into " I don't want that " little case . You must not not wanted ... which doesn't mean you want it ... it means it should be ignored or laughed about . And that is what Viktor Frankl said . Even the Law of Non Resistance says the same thing ... which Taoisits use . But they probably don't know what they are talking about ... really !! :original:

And I don't want to offend . You guys do what you want to do .

Guest jayjay89

I just don't understand that laughing at the intrusive thoughts is going to help - I laugh at lots of things that are funny but still upset me.

My OCD at the moment is under pretty good control and I can look back at previous issues I had and laugh at them.

But if I had a new intrusive thought tomorrow, I don't quite get how laughter is going to fix that? All my improvement has been made by not reacting at all to the thoughts, so for myself, laughing at them would be reacting to them.. potentially making them grow

Not reacting to them does the same thing really . Viktor Frankl said that you can ignore .. yes . But laughter ... won't do anything wrong there . It just means that you flood your nervous system and your body with positive emotion instead of negative emotion . So emotion doesn't hurt you does it ? Because really the negative emotion is the one that inforces that thought to become stronger . If you find it ridiculous .... than that doesn't have power does it ?? How can it have power? Thought is made out of 2 things - emotion and concept . And they all happen in the NOW forever . If you don't feel any negative emotion .... which is really produced by your body ... not by some outside force . The subconscious mind doesn't care how you feel when that thought is activated . If you don't feel any negative emotion ... half the battle is won . Now only that concept can hurt you . It can make you slash your wrist , or jump off a building for example . But you can change that in 1 second .... so you don't have time to shash your wrist or jump off a building . That is all . Thoughts have no other power but to program you into doing something negative ... meaning taking negative action upon yourself . Or they make you worried . I explained how you can deal with both of them !!

Hi Don,

Thank you for sharing all this,it is all a bit too deep for me i'm afraid but i will read it again,one thing i would say though is that you say that 'negative emotion isn't caused by some outside force'i really can't see how that can be,not all the time anyway.

I am all for positivity but i suppose i just don't understand all this sorry.

Thank you for sharing this with us,i am sure it will help some people,perhaps i am just too depressed and physically ill to make sense of it at the moment.

When a thought comes ... it comes with some energy . But that little energy that really has no power over you initially is changed into negative energy by your conscious mind because you find that thing dangerous . Why do you find that thing dangerous ? You find it just because you think about it . But thinking about it has nothing to do with it . Why ? Because it doesn't matter if you thought about that or not ? Why ? Because you can't control all of your thinking . Thoughts are everywhere !! What can you control ??

You can control like I said - What you want ... by feeding what you want with positive emotion

YOu can control what you don't want .... by feeding that also with positive emotion .

Why do you have to feed what you don't want with positive emotion ?? Because it's random stuff that has no use for you !! Just let go of it !! If you put negative emotion to it ... what it does ... it only makes that thought appear more .... and even worry you to death by feeling anxiety .

What does it happen if you put positive emotion to it ... meaning laughter or by letting it go with no resistance whatsoever . YOU at least don't worry to death in that second because of that . 1 second later you can change your focus on what you really want which is the oposite . Now if what you want is the oposite of what you ignored ... which one will it happen ?? Not the one you ignored because that is gone now 1 second later . In the present moment which the thought crossed your mind ... it could not do anything to you because you did not feel the anxiety ... meaning negative energy . What could it do ? Program you . But that is not possible either if you laughed about that . Laughing about that means that you are consciously aware that thing is a stupid thing and it can't program you to drink or smoke .

So Viktor Frankl talked about this in the Paradoxical Intention theory ... meaning logotherapy . In Paradoxical intention you want what you fear with laughter . By wanting what you fear ... worry can't hurt you in the present moment when you want that stuff . What can it do ?? It can program you .... But by using laughter ... like the thing is ridiculous ... you are not programed by that thing to take action in that direction in the future, because by laughing at that stuff you are consciously aware that stuff is not serious business . 1 minute later or whenever you want you can divert your attention on to something more positive . Action is in your reach to do whatever you want . Feeling is the problem . But feeling also is in your reach to feel the oposite !! What is so hard to understand ??

No ... what happened is this . I started getting into this positivity stuff with the Law of Attraction . And I realised right then and there that some negative thoughts really started to make themselves appear more and more and more . And I started to read books about it to see what can it be done . It was so bad ... that I had to do a mantra every second . I went to the psychologist and he told me it is OCD . BUt I did not want to do more than 3 sessions with him since he wanted to expose me to that thought which I did not wanted to be exposed to . I wanted to resolve this on my own . Which I did . I mean ... I still get those thoughts now and then ... when I talk about them especially .... but they are not a problem to me anymore .. because I know I canț control their appearence . It is simply not possible to do that . You can only choose not to feel the damage really . That is all !!

Edited by don7frye
Guest jayjay89

I understand the main theme you are trying to explain. But you seem to think that the physical act of laughing, forces you to actually feel amused. Which I really don't think is right, I can force myself to physically smile, make the laughter sound etc, but that doesn't make me feel amused.

It's like I can physically arrange my face in a smile. That doesn't make me feel happy.

Can you see my point?

The thing is ... if you are constanly affraid of something ... that is OCD . There is no way around that stuff . If you have a fear that comes up .... in any form ... on any subject whatsoever ... that is OCD. Usually accountants have OCD because they are affraid of not missing something when they do their paper work . They have to check and recheck everything to be in perfect shape . The only thing you can do is letting go of the fear . You canț do anything else really .