Harm OCD returning

Hello everyone,

I use to suffer harm OCD towards family and friends, but that had gone away for about a year.

Is it normally for it to suddenly re appear? I've been doing the usual "ignore the thought and live with it", but this one won't shift. I think secretly I'm paying it attention somehow without realising it. I haven't been feeling well lately either and playing far too much violent video games so that could of triggered it off as well. I'm trying really hard not to give it attention but it's always there.

The thoughts occur in some people with OCD and also some people without. The thing that makes OCD sufferers different is we pay the thoughts undue attention as the brain sends out a false anxiety signal, making us feel threatend by the thoughts.

When you next get an intrusive thought, get on with whatever you were doing and don't get dragged into an internal battle of what may have triggered the thought or why you are having them. Its just a junk thought. Treat it like it :)

I'm a mum of 2 and my OCD has always been harm related. So I know how you feel x

I just went to bed and practically laid with my eyes closed for the past 8 hours and it's now 10pm. I keep jumping all the time but only with my legs. It's hard to explain this feeling. Vivid dreams and everything, have a sore throat and mouth is very dry. I think I gave in to it when I went to bed. I tried to play my Xbox or a phone game and it was still there giving me it large. I think I may have a cold or flu as this comes back then.

I feel so bad because I am always putting myself first and forget how my girlfriend is feeling, she text saying she was alone and all I could do was think of myself and **** her off. I feel terrible for that, whenever I get these thoughts I just shut everyone out and hide in a bubble.

Edited by Marko2020

But its the thoughts themselves causing you all that distress, remember the thoughts mean NOTHING. Its the false anxiety signal OCD sufferers get that makes us feel like they are a real threat. I had many years worrying I was capable of harming my child. All from a stupid intrusive thought which made me anxious and then triggerd lots of others. It robbed me of the 1st 2 years of my 1st childs life.

Have u had any CBT? It really helped me x

I had cbt about 15 years ago and it helped a little then, however this hadn't come on the go then and it was a different set of intrusive thoughts. I just want to sleep all the time and I'm

In physical pain from

My legs

It doesn't matter which thought it is as its all OCD. Book yourself in for CBT. If you are in England you'll have quite a long wait on the NHS. Have a read of Brain Lock and Break Free From OCD in the mean time to try to start things going :)