It works for some not for others we are all individuals.

I was like you wanted help but totally opposed to drugs, I tried CBT it helped a bit at first but then I slipped back, in the end I was desperate and said OK I will take drugs if only for the sake of my poor wife.

I am in a very much better place now, downside is yes I do feel tired but certainly not fuzzy headed or "out of it".

I would advise you try CBT first but don't rule out taking drugs too if things don't get better for you .

Good luck and best wishes :original:

Guest imalright

Hey toffee

I'm not on medication and CBT is going well. Challenging at times but the trick is to start off with the things that cause the least anxiety and go from there (.....well.....with my case anyway) :)

The members on this forum are a bit like my medication lol x I'm doing CBT....and when things have got really challenging, I have posted and there is always a kind few members who'll show some support x

I also wouldn't rule out medication because I have seen how it can benefit others. Perhaps see how you get on as previous post..? X

Hi Toffee, many people, including members of this forum have used CBT alone to manage their OCD and have done so quite effectively. While it can vary from person to person whether CBT alone will be effective, its absolutely recommended even if you do later decide/need to use medication. You might find the information on CBT from the main OCD-UK site helpful: http://www.ocduk.org/cognitive-behavioural-therapy