Obsession Over Peoples Race And Ethnicity

Guest dread665

Guest dread665

Hello,im new to the forum.

Im white,i and Im a very curious person and i check many different sites,about 3 years ago i found a forum called stormfront (a white supremacist site,white pride ,whatever and im not racist) and started checking it for curiosity, i saw how they considered whites superior and non whites (specially blacks) inferior,and that disgusted,still i started to do research about anything related to race ,racism etc,and became obsessed with it.

Now i cant control my thoughts anymore,everyday i feel like searching any article, news etc about anything related to race. i also feel influenced about the racist theories of those sites,and dont consider myself racist! my mind tells me they are inferior but i dont accept it, this makes me fell disturbed.

My obsessions about this are killing me i cant concentrate and study anymore,i feel suicidal, i feel gulty that i can be racist but im not,i see people by their race not their character.

i read this is considered pure o ocd? can it easily treatable with therapy and meds?

thanks in advance.

Guest dread665

Hi

It sounds like ocd to me

I'm very anti-racist and I said something the other day

It just slipped out I have no idea why I said it.

If you were really racist you would know it and not care.

thanks for reply

i guess i really have pure O OCD, i have to see a therapist.

Yes go see a therapist

I've just been on that website

Those idiots infuriate me

Yes, go to a therapist. However, I would recommend going to one with experience with OCD. I was misdiagnosed and was not being treated for OCD which can make the problem worse.

OCD and racism is pretty common. I know people with OCD who have intrusive thoughts about yelling racist stuff to black people. You are not a racist. You likely have OCD and the fact that these thoughts disturb you is proof that you are not racist. It's perfectly natural to be curious about white supremacist organizations because of the attention they get in history and the media. In high school, I did a project about the KKK with an Asian friend and I myself am not white. It sounds like you have false memories about going to the stormfront site. Heck, I even checked it out after the Norway shooting.

Guest suzie_mae

This sounds like OCD, are you checking for your reaction when you search out these websites? It sounds like a compulsion is the process thought ; am I racist? Compulsion : Check articles, disgust felt, thought neutralised ? It sounds very much like OCD.

Suzie

Guest dread665

Yes, go to a therapist. However, I would recommend going to one with experience with OCD. I was misdiagnosed and was not being treated for OCD which can make the problem worse.

OCD and racism is pretty common. I know people with OCD who have intrusive thoughts about yelling racist stuff to black people. You are not a racist. You likely have OCD and the fact that these thoughts disturb you is proof that you are not racist. It's perfectly natural to be curious about white supremacist organizations because of the attention they get in history and the media. In high school, I did a project about the KKK with an Asian friend and I myself am not white. It sounds like you have false memories about going to the stormfront site. Heck, I even checked it out after the Norway shooting.

ok, I will do that,thanks.

Guest dread665

This sounds like OCD, are you checking for your reaction when you search out these websites? It sounds like a compulsion is the process thought ; am I racist? Compulsion : Check articles, disgust felt, thought neutralised ? It sounds very much like OCD.

Suzie

Hello Suzie.

i have more intrusive thoughts than compulsions, the obsessions about race, racism etc are disturbing me a lot, i want to judge people by their character not appearence

the obesessions, intrusive thoughts are the problem for me and they are killing me.

• 2 years later...

Hi

It sounds like ocd to me

I'm very anti-racist and I said something the other day

It just slipped out I have no idea why I said it.

If you were really racist you would know it and not care.

So does that mean if you don't perceive yourself as a racist, you're not a racist?

So does that mean if you don't perceive yourself as a racist, you're not a racist?

That's reassurance, the first mistake in the battle against OCD and one of the hardest to get over.

OCD is never easily treatable with meds, its a long haul and usually incurable. But it can be beaten.

Stay away from those websites. It is an old adage that we will want to look at the things that scare us. Plus it's a compulsion.

I doubt you have pure O, it sounds regular OCD because looking at the websites is a compulsion.

That's reassurance, the first mistake in the battle against OCD and one of the hardest to get over.

OCD is never easily treatable with meds, its a long haul and usually incurable. But it can be beaten.

Stay away from those websites. It is an old adage that we will want to look at the things that scare us. Plus it's a compulsion.

I doubt you have pure O, it sounds regular OCD because looking at the websites is a compulsion.

By the way, if you thought I was the OP, I'm not. I just revived this thread because I also have racism OCD.