Intrusive Thoughts, Constantly Feel Worried and Guilty, Worry About the Past

Guest worried123

Guest worried123

Hi there,

I'm really finding my intrusive thoughts, which I would prefer not to outline, are making me feel like a horrible person and making me doubt myself despite the fact I don't want th, on top of this I constantly worry and feel guilty about them and events that have occured in the past. I feel miserable and I really don't know what to do, I am seeing a therapist but I really don't know how I will live with this condition all my life and as a young adult the anxiety caused by it has made me avoid relationships etc because i feel its unfair for someone to be involved with me.

Please help :(

Guest OCD-in-ireland

Hi worried123,

Reading your post was like reading word for word the situation i am in now. Although I know it is extremely tough and heart breaking, i hope you can take some comfort in knowing that you are not the only one to be going through this horrible experience. I am a young adult aswell and have been suffering with this for a long time. Feel free to send me a message if you would like to talk any time.

OCD-in-ireland

Guest richy244

Theres no instant cure just a path you have to go down to help alleviate your suffering, you can be honest with yourself and others and only they can choose to accept it or try to understand, you cant control other people. The thoughts are still just thoughts not real, not actually happening or going to happen finding a counseller, confidant or a support group is something to consider.

Guest worried123

Thanks, some days I can accept they're just thoughts others I can't, the moments when these thoughts aren't present I appreciate so much. It's just hard to think there will be light at the end of the tunnel

Hi Worried123

This is OCD unfortunatley but their are techniques to deal with it, it may take a lot of work and a long time but there is support on this site as well and in yourself :) I can imagine how daunting is of thinking of dealing with this for the rest of your life. You just have to take it day by day, I was young when OCD got really bad for me, I was only 16, I am 25 now, though i'm still dealing with it, I have techniques to help. Your not alone, you fight for those moments of peace, try and battle your OCD to get them more often :)

xx

I can totally relate to you. Constant guilt over the most pathetic of things. It all comes back to "being a bad person" which I know logically I am not because I care too much, I worry too much. I'm off work almost 4mths now due to the OCD and I just hope and pray every day that things can and will get better. It's all about time though...being a good healer.