pleased to say i am recovered

hey guys, first of all id like to say thank you to all of you for the help and support I received from you all, this forum and the people on it have been invaluable to me as it has to many others, ocd hasn't been an issue for a while now, and my days are filled with normal non ocd thoughts, I have freedom and space in my mind to think, I catch my self day dreaming about non ocd things and its wonderful, I haven't day dreamed in nearly a year at least not about things that don't concern my ocd worries and fears, my cbt has been fantastic and my therapist has helped me a lot to learn about how my brain works and how the ocd works, hes helped me to understand a lot about my self, and helped me realise many compulsions I never knew were compulsions, I feel free!! I still get the odd ocd intrusive thought but literally laugh at them now because I know exactly what they are, just a few months ago the same thoughts I now laugh at would have me crippled with fear and anxiety.. im continuing with my cbt and plan to gain as much insight about ocd as possible, I have also been seeing people at MIND and they have been fantastic, I done a bite size course with them called relapse and crisis prevention and it was a great help! more help then any gp could have offered me, they really are fantastic, and having them so local to me means if I feel wobbly I can pop into their centre and have a chat any time I like which is a wonderful support for me.. I plan to keep moving forward and never let ocd rule my life to the extent it has in the last 15 years, and for the first time in 15 years I feel more free then I ever have.. I don't expect any replies but I wanted to let you guys know theres hope.. in your darkest days when you feel there is no escape, there is.. xx

That's really good to hear VG.....I'm delighted for you :hug: Onwards and forever Upwards, eh?

and helped me realise many compulsions I never knew were compulsions

If you have the time it would be really helpful for you to share some of those. It's amazing just how many compulsions (particularly mental ones) that we do without having a clue that that's what we're doing.

Caramoole :)

Thanks for sharing vg. People recover and just leave the forum. But you have remember to come and post your success. It's very much inspiring for us who are still suffering. But can I know what was your theme in past?

Edited by Nil

That's really good to hear VG.....I'm delighted for you :hug: Onwards and forever Upwards, eh?

If you have the time it would be really helpful for you to share some of those. It's amazing just how many compulsions (particularly mental ones) that we do without having a clue that that's what we're doing.

Caramoole :)

Agree Caramoole, I think I really need to get my head around what my compulsions are, some are obvious but I think some aren't

Guest lizinlondon

I have my first therapy session today and you have given me hope that there is light at the end of this journey thankyou

Inspiring....well done, I'm currently going through ERP and so determined to recover, your post has just made me even more determined. Thank You xxx

• 1 month later...

hi guys ever so sorry for not replying sooner :( but I have been so focused on maintaining my recovery and learning as much about ocd and how my brain works as possible, thank you all so so much really it means a lot!! im so happy to have given some of you hope because there is hope lots of hope :) never give up guys!! nil my theme was harm ocd and caramoole il write a thread about all of my compulsions I had, il be around a lot more now to help and support the way I was helped and supported :) thank you all xx

thank you legal :D I wrote a post earlier saying how il now be on here regularly to help and support others I just had to take a few months for myself I couldn't keep reading this forum as it wasn't helping me, but now im so much stronger and recovered enough to come back to offer support to others :) xx