How do you ask for help?

Guest Gale1982

Guest Gale1982

I fell off the wagon at the weekend and hit my head quite hard. I'm quite disappointed with myself as I'd been managing my OCD pretty well but everything in my life kind of went wrong really quickly and I could see myself heading for a tumble.

I spent a few days on this site trying to find a way to ask for help but just wasn't sure how to ask or what for.

I'm really worried that any help I ask for is reassurance seeking or some other clever thing OCD likes to do.

I'm working on a project for a certain charity who's principle service is to talk to people over the phone. I'm getting really confused if I might be feeling suicidal or if I'm going mad.

I'm worried that the reason people commit suicide is because they stop talking.

I know this is all OCD but I just cant seem to shake it and move on....

I guess I'm asking for someone to kick me up the **** a little...that's not bad, is it?

I'm always up for a kick.

Hey look, if you need help just come on and puke it out. We'll figure it out and help without giving you too much reassurance. It's all good.

It is possible to have suicidal obsessions. That's where you're not consciously thinking of suicide but the thought just pops up. Then you start overanalyzing that.

Does that help?

Guest Gale1982

Hey PolarBear,

Yeh it does, thanks:-)

I think this project I'm working on is quite close to the bone and its been nagging at me. I was tempted to pass it on to someone else but I'm the only one who knows how to do it...besides, that would be avoidance, right?

This project keeps dragging on and was only supposed to be one shoot and two days editing....one bloody month later.

Just feel trapped by it and don't want to let anyone down.

Cant see where the OCD starts and ends...I hate circles.