Hi

Guest Clairewest87

Guest Clairewest87

Hi, I'm new to this so don't really know where to start! I have OCD which is no secret which I have suffered with for years. It seemed to kick off after I had my daughter and had severe postnatal depression. I'm not on any current medication as I feel I need to attempt to make changes myself and my meds were just masking the issue. Hopefully I can find support here from people who actually understand rather than trying to explain things to my family and boyfriend. I have issues with any type of change whether it's wearing new clothes or even adding new accessories to my house or using a new make up etc. I get extremely irrational thoughts about my daughter becoming ill or dying or myself or partner and feel these will happen if I make changes :( I have a phobia of being ill which makes things worse. So that's pretty much just me, looking forward to chatting to people who understand I'm really not just nuts! X

HI Calire,

Your OCD issues are not nuts. The Irrational is commonplace in OCD

The way to tackle the OCD is going to be some exposure and response prevention a part of cognitive behavioural therapy.Ylou can do this by self-he;lp if you feel strong enough but may benefit from therapy to help you through it.

Re the phobia about getting ill you will need to explain a bit more for the members to take a view.