New here, pregnant and have a recurrence of rocd

Guest angrocd

Guest angrocd

Hi everyone! I've decided to take the plunge and post here because I feel I need support from others in the same boat. I've suffered all through life with anxiety and when I was younger my thoughts/obsessions were mainly about germs and religion etc but as I got older they changed to obsessing about my relationship. It disappeared after I got married (was VERY bad before that) but returned 5 years later when I was about 5 months pregnant. This led to post natal depression and the worst I've ever been with the ocd/intrusive thoughts.

It's been pretty much under control for the last 4 1/2 years due to medication and psychotherapy. I am now coming up to being 5 months pregnant again and I can't believe it but I'm slipping back onto the old thoughts. I can't seem to stop crying, I'm very irritable, fed up and can't stop thinking about the future. I 'know' this is part of the ocd but the doubts are making everything so much harder. I'm off medication and find myself having to decide if I should go back on it. My psychiatrist says there's no problem taking it but I'm just too scared in case the baby gets harmed. I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place at the moment.

Thanks for reading xx

Hi angrocd,

Congratulations on your pregnancy (confused me when I saw your gender as male!) haha!

Seeing as the OCD is coming on at 5 months again, could you not put into practice what you did last time?

Regards

Symps

Guest angrocd

Thanks a million for your reply. Unfortunately I didn't get it treated the last time but I have a lot more tools to cope with it now.......just gets in on me every so often. Joining here has helped though!!!

Glad to here it :original: You know we're here if you need to chat :original:

Remember when your obsessions start, to try & slow your thoughts, analyse them to see what the true fear behind them is & then think what would you suggest to someone else with the same issue.

Failing that, come on here & right it down & hopefully someone else will be able to suggest something useful! :original: