Anorexic and OCD

Guest sophied

Guest sophied

Hi my names sophie and iv had OCD for as long as I can remember. I'm now 24. Iv also suffered with anorexia since 15 and spent most of the last 9 years in hospital. My OCD rituals are constant, consisting of counting, repeating things over and over, tapping, staring, blinking etc. it's incredibly distressing and time consuming. It's caused me to even feel suicidal. Is there anyone on here with similar symptoms who has managed to prove their beliefs wrong? I really need evidence :(

Guest Sisyphus

Hi my names sophie and iv had OCD for as long as I can remember. I'm now 24. Iv also suffered with anorexia since 15 and spent most of the last 9 years in hospital. My OCD rituals are constant, consisting of counting, repeating things over and over, tapping, staring, blinking etc. it's incredibly distressing and time consuming. It's caused me to even feel suicidal. Is there anyone on here with similar symptoms who has managed to prove their beliefs wrong? I really need evidence :(

Hi Sophie.

Welcome. I'm sorry to hear you've had such a rough time of it with the anorexia and OCD. I do some repeating but most of mine are what they call Pure O - i.e. intrusive thought plus mental compulsions.

You will find other people on here with some of the same compulsions as you. You can search back through some historic posts with the search facility on the top right(selecting "forums" form the drop-down) - so you could search for "blinking", "counting", "anorexia" or combinations of words.

I hope you can find some help here.

David.

Hi Sophie. My OCD is mainly concerned with contamination and vomiting. I also have compulsions similar to yours involving counting, 'bad' and 'good' numbers, timing lots of things, touching and tapping. I'm working on tackling the numbers and touching and tapping. It's hard and it's causing me anxiety. Nothing has happened because of me reducing the rituals- I've not become ill and my cats are still fine (2 big fears of mine).

Have a go at working on something that you find the least stressful and reduce the compulsions. It's not easy but it's better than living with OCD.