Some questions about OCD

Hello Everyone!

I already postet last year in some threads, but could not find it anymore.....

I still have some questions about OCD.

1. My brain keeps telling me, that my life is not real and i am the centre of my personal "truman show". Whenever i try to fight through this thoughts with logic, it even gets worse. my brain immediately finds a "proof" that it could be true, and all my live is staged. my friends not real, my family not real. just a huge experiment. i now it is not logic, but a cannot proof it as wrong. and my brain keeps telling me: "when you cannot proof it as false, it must be reality". this is weird, one cannot proof the existance of good as incorrect, but i don't believe in him......i try to get rid of the thought virtuosly, try to make it ridiculous...but nothing helps. whenever i find a logic answer, my brain tells me the opposite. i am so afraid, that everything in my life is not real.......

is thos common with ocd or is it more psychotic?

2. has anyone of you experiences with paroxetine? i've been on it for 8 months now. at first, it worked out brilliantly, but 2 weeks ago, it has got worse.......like the paroxetine is not working anymore. my psychiatrist says, that is normal, i just have to go on........

3. has anyone of you tried antipsychotics for ocd? i read in a swiss article, that, if ssris are not enough, one might change to antipsychotics. my psychiatrist says, that she would never give me risperdal or zyprexa. but i would insist on it, if one could tell me, he is doing well on those meds.

i really don't mind any side effekts, as long as those thoughts have gone away. even if my thoughts were true, i do not want to think it an live my live, like i have done before..:-(

yours

Martin

Guest Sisyphus

Hi Martin,

For what it's worth I've not encontered any OCD stories like the Truman Show scenario. Certainly some of the contamination scenarios are pretty far removed from reality but I wonder if this Truman Show thing is something else maybe?

Sorry I don't take meds but hopefully someone else will be along who knows this.

Good luck,

David