Health

Guest Samantha1991

Guest Samantha1991

I have suffered with OCD for a long time but in the past year health has become a massive fear for me. I cant stop looking on health websites or checking myself for something that doesnt look right. If i get a small pain and i look it up online i cant face going to the doctors if i have a problem because ive already convinced myself im dying so i wouldnt want to know. Im in constant fear of a family member dying but whats scaring me most is someone i love just suddenly dying because i cant do anything about that. Has anyone else experienced this? Please tell me im not alone

You're definitely not alone. You're having health obsessions. What you have to work on is stopping the searching for every ache and pain. That's a compulsion and will only make matters worse. You have to stop and just be with the resulting anxiety.

• 3 weeks later...

yes i would imagine lots lots of people with ocd have this it sound familiar as (possibly my son and i have ocd though have not been oficialy diagnosed yet though i know it in my heart) anyhoo my son constanly checks asks am i alright is the dog alright scared every second something terible will happen to us and we willl die etc amd i have always been the same with him , trouble is i dont know what to say to you because the things we do that we know we cant stop is like seems impossible the only thing i have actualy found a comfort is to realise and tell myself that when i start obsessing over stuff which is usualy fu**ing evrything! that i need to take a step back or not worry if it isnt egzactly as i want it because everything is probably fine and that its me thats not well ,so maybe by remnding yourself that what you r doing and thinking is not based in reality and worrying too much due to ocd it might help you ? and find something else to focus on:/

I have suffered with OCD for a long time but in the past year health has become a massive fear for me. I cant stop looking on health websites or checking myself for something that doesnt look right. If i get a small pain and i look it up online i cant face going to the doctors if i have a problem because ive already convinced myself im dying so i wouldnt want to know. Im in constant fear of a family member dying but whats scaring me most is someone i love just suddenly dying because i cant do anything about that. Has anyone else experienced this? Please tell me im not alone

yes i would imagine lots lots of people with ocd have this it sound familiar as (possibly my son and i have ocd though have not been oficialy diagnosed yet though i know it in my heart) anyhoo my son constanly checks asks am i alright is the dog alright scared every second something terible will happen to us and we willl die etc amd i have always been the same with him , trouble is i dont know what to say to you because the things we do that we know we cant stop is like seems impossible the only thing i have actualy found a comfort is to realise and tell myself that when i start obsessing over stuff which is usualy fu**ing evrything! that i need to take a step back or not worry if it isnt egzactly as i want it because everything is probably fine and that its me thats not well ,so maybe by remnding yourself to just stop and think and find something else to focus on:/ Edited by ocd2