A reintroduction, and where I am now

Guest PolytheneBoy

Guest PolytheneBoy

Hello everyone, I thought I would reintroduce myself since it's been many years since i posted!

A lot has happened since I last frequented here, and I have had many ups and downs, struggles and whatnot. Though I'm happy to say that I'm doing well for the most part. I have undertaken a few volunteering roles of different types since back in the noughties, seen a few other professionals and had counseling. And I'm pleased to say I am at a functional level and coping with my OCD quite well. I was hopeless and found no comfort in anything when I was younger, though now I must say that recovery is possible, even when it seems like it isn't.

I'm not sure if any of you will remember me, since I wasn't posting often, rather little and spaced over time. I am feeling somewhat ashamed for coming back when I fear I could've done and said hurtful things... Guess that could be OCD, right?

I have had intrusive thoughts and urges since I first became aware of them, and they are becoming a quiet voice in my life and I know that things can improve.

Anyway, I return with a clearer mind and a better sense of my own judgement, so hope I can share some insights in my journey and not make a fool of myself :)

Guest PolytheneBoy

Hi and thank you PolarBear. I noticed our names are similar with the P and the B in there! What drew you to choose PolarBear?

Guest Sisyphus

Hi PolytheneBoy.

Nice to see you back here to share your experiences with this beast.

I am feeling somewhat ashamed for coming back when I fear I could've done and said hurtful things... Guess that could be OCD, right?

Well I don't know all the details but if it's based on something trivial then it sounds like a good contender for hyper-responsibility which is commonly associated with OCD.

All the best,

David.

Hi and thank you PolarBear. I noticed our names are similar with the P and the B in there! What drew you to choose PolarBear?

I'm Canadian. I was trying to think of a name and I thought what's more Canadian than a polar bear.
Guest Sisyphus

Mounties

Maple Leaf

Moose

Aboot

Edit: I'd like to apologise Polar ...

for forgetting:

Molson

Bryan Adams

Edited by Sisyphus
Guest PolytheneBoy

Polar: It's a cool name, and I wasn't aware that there were polar bears in Canada. I probably knew when I was younger but hadn't even thought about it until now you said it!

Sisyphus: Thanks for the welcome. Hyper responsibility sounds plausible, seen it mentioned around places online so I will be more aware of it in future.

All the best and see you around the boards! :)

Guest Sisyphus

Sisyphus: Thanks for the welcome. Hyper responsibility sounds plausible, seen it mentioned around places online so I will be more aware of it in future.

All the best and see you around the boards! :)

Great - see you on the forums then PBoy