in a really bad way

Guest penny0305

Guest penny0305

I've been drinking heavily since Friday.I've managed to stop today but have really bad withdrawal symptoms.my ocd has been so bad I just wanted out of it.I've got a doctors appointment in half an hour and am terrified they won't give me anything to stop this shaking.what am I going to.do.IM scared I'll drink again just to stop it.I am so scared I'm going to have a seizure or something. I don't want to be like this anymore

Guest penny0305

They gave me diazepam and signed me off work for two weeks.I'm scared im going to loose my job.I feel like my lifes falling apart. I've been teetotal for twelve years but the drinkings been creeping back since my ocd has got so bad. I know it's my own fault but I feel horrendous.really bad withdrawals.Im scared I'm going to die

Guest Gale1982

Hey, don't be silly. Everything's gonna be just fine. I've been in your shoes many times before and I know how terrifying it can be. Your anxiety is through the roof at the moment because you've been drinking heavily and your body has built up a tolerance. Alcohol withdraw is horrible and wreaks havoc with OCD but it does pass, I promise.

Take the diazepam and try to get some rest. Its not a good idea to be on that for too long but for now its the best thing you can do. Your mind and body is exhausted and all you need right now is some sleep. Tomorrow you'll feel better.

x

Guest penny0305

Thank you for your reply.my anxiety is sky high.the diazepam.doesn't seem to be doing much.I'm terrifying myself because I have A.D. daughter.she's.with my mum since I've been drinking but my mum called the Crisis team.so now they know I've been drinking.they said so long as she's with my mum they have no concerns but I'm terrified they'll call.social services or something. Im. Terrified I'll loose her

Guest Gale1982

You're gonna get on top of this. Social services wont take your daughter away. Use this time to get your head strait and to get some rest, she's with your mum so she's perfectly safe. Just concentrate on getting your anxiety under control. What dosage of diazepam did the doctor prescribe?

Guest Gale1982

That second one should be kicking in right about now. 10mg is a fair amount but not excessive. Just let it do its work. When I cant sleep I close my eyes and try and focus on an object. Every time a thought comes along and distracts me I simply sidestep and let let it pass, then I return focus to the object. I keep doing this and eventually the thoughts stop coming and I drift off to sleep. Try and picture how much better you'll be tomorrow, it will come.

Guest penny0305

Well I got three hours sleep and feel terrible.I can't stop the racing thoughts.I feel like I'm going to loose my daughter and my job and my life will be over.my period started last night.I am convinced hormones are playing a part in this.I'm.always a million times worse before my period but they are so erratic I can't keep a note of It.i am.so scared

Guest Gale1982

Its good that you got at least some sleep, a step in the right direction, although I'm sorry you're still feeling rubbish. Are you on any ssri's at the moment?

Guest penny0305

No.I can't tolerate ssris.they send me manic.been on mirtazapine for over two years but I feel more depressed than ever and my ocd is worse.only reason I'm still taking them is because I can't get off them.I feel so stupid and ashamed for drinking.feel like I've totally messed up what's left of my life