Worried, irrational thoughts

Guest Janey966

Guest Janey966

Hi everyone, my name is Jane and I'm 17 years old. I had trouble with OCD last year but I thought I had overcome it and for months I have been doing great!

Unfortunately it hasn't lasted, last week I got told that my younger cousin got pregnant, at first I was a little shocked but I didn't think anything of it, later that night I started to think about it. "What if I might be pregnant too?" came to mind and hasn't stopped bothering me since. Pregnancy would be impossible, I'm not sexually active but for some reason I keep having doubts, I had a boyfriend but we broke up a couple of months ago and remained friends, we weren't close, so I know for certain I did not sleep with him, but I keep thinking "maybe you did and you forgot?" I don't think it's something you forget that easily but for some reason I can't convince myself that.

I told myself I was just being silly and for a few days my worries subsided, yesterday my stomach started to hurt, I get cramps whenever I get my period so I assumed that it's my time of the month and it turned out it was. Normally my period is quite heavy but this time it's been really light and I don't seem to be bleeding anymore, this is worrying me because this usually never happens and I looked up what might be the cause of a light start to a period and a lot of the results are "pregnancy" and this has just frightened me even more.

I know it's not possible, but even if I'm feeling slightly bloated it sets my thoughts running, I feel embarrassed and upset, I'm not sure what to do?

When something shocking happens in a family ocd picks up on it.deep down u know you cant be but ocd distorts things.this happens to me a lot.stress can mess with your period. Also because you are fixated on your stomach you notice sensations you wouldnt before. In a while you will know you arent pregnant but the secret is to tell the thoughts to get lost so you dont worry until then