I just started mirtazapine 15mg 2 days ago and I have been so dizzy since. I haven't been able to go to work and I'm worried as to how long this will last. Is anyone else taking mirtazapine and if so has anyone else had any similar experiences and how long did it last.

C x

Hi Caitlin,

I've never been on mirtazapine, but I'm on Citalopram & sometimes it make me feel a bit drunk.

Your dizziness may be because these are new & your body is getting used to them, but if it persists or gets worse, I would go back to your GP & tell them.

Symps

:original:

Guest itsnotmeitsmyocd

Hiya Caitlin,

I totally agree with Symps, it can take a little while for the body to get used to new medication.

May i ask if you take it in the daytime or nighttime? The reason i ask is because one of the common side effects of mirtazapine is that it can make you VERY sleepy. So much so that it's commonly prescribed for insomnia - i take 7.5mg myself (for PTSD reasons) about an hour before i go to bed. I only mention this because it may be a case of changing the time you take it to reduce the dizzy effect.

Guest aaronthegreat1989

Hi there caitlin, i'm currently on this medication myself 30mg. I was prescribed it for my difficult sleeping patterns and not so much my OCD although that is a big problem(obviously lol) I found it has helped with my difficulty sleeping but hasn't really inhibited my OCD at all, i have been on this drug now for just over a year and have found no improvement with regards to my OCD but it may be different for you. I find that this drug makes me very drowsy in the mornings and i don't tend to get up till 11:00am because i am still 'drunk' with the tiredness.

Thanks

-Aaron.

Edited by aaronthegreat1989

Hiya Caitlin,

I totally agree with Symps, it can take a little while for the body to get used to new medication.

May i ask if you take it in the daytime or nighttime? The reason i ask is because one of the common side effects of mirtazapine is that it can make you VERY sleepy. So much so that it's commonly prescribed for insomnia - i take 7.5mg myself (for PTSD reasons) about an hour before i go to bed. I only mention this because it may be a case of changing the time you take it to reduce the dizzy effect.

Yes, I take mine in the morning. I've heard some people on here say they take their's in the evening & I suppose I could try that, but I always seem to think it may be at it's strongest in the daytime if I take it in the morning. I may well be wrong & I may be less tired during the day if I do take it at night? :-/

Guest itsnotmeitsmyocd

Hiya Caitlin,

How are you, i hope things have started to settle down?

Hiya Symps,

It could certainly be worth discussing the time you take it with your doc especially if you are exp tiredness. I don't know how you stay awake to be honest, although saying that i *think* at lower doses it has a more sedative effect than it does at higher doses.