Luvox

Guest Iwanttobehappy

Guest Iwanttobehappy

Anyone on Luvox?

What are your experiences with it?

I noticed that I do have much empathy/sympathy for others. Sometimes I am not interested in anything.

My psychiatrist told me anhedomia (not able to get pleasure from anything) is a common symptom.

I kind of feel out of place- I don't cry easily like I used to, and I don't anymore. While one reading this may think that that's good that I don't cry anymore nor worry, I feel like I have lost my empathy, and the OCD would help me steer away from bad things.

I felt more "human, and now I just feel weird

Can anyone relate?

Hi Iwanttobehappy,

I'm on Citalopram here in the U.K.

I have felt a sense of apathy whilst taking my meds in the past. I'm on a lower dose now & I don't feel quite so detatched.

Maybe this is because I am on a lower dose, but it may also be because I'm also in therapy for general anxiety & low mood.

To deal with this, my therapist is having me think about the various aspects in my life I would like to make changes in & how to go about making these changes.

I still feel a bit apathetic at times, but I feel I would be more like that if I didn't have something to work towards. It can be difficult at times so I have to to break things up into short term, mid term & long term, & take things a day at a time.

Do you think something similar would help you? Looking in to aspects of your life you would like to improve & work on ways to improve them?

Maybe it would help you get some pleasure out of life again?

Whatever you do, don't let the OCD convince you that you need it. It's just another ploy it use's & won't make you feel more human. After all, the average person doesn't need OCD to tell them how to feel & it will only fill you with anxiety anyway.

I wish you all the best with whatever you decide to do

Symps

If you don't mind my asking how long have you been taking the medication? Some side effects dissipate after your body adjusts to the medication so if you've just started you might want to try to give it a bit of time to see if things improve.

Guest Iwanttobehappy

If you don't mind my asking how long have you been taking the medication? Some side effects dissipate after your body adjusts to the medication so if you've just started you might want to try to give it a bit of time to see if things improve.

Hi Dksea- I have been on the medication for about 3 months? A lot of my compulsions have dissolved, which is good (I was afraid of driving the car and hitting people).

Guest Iwanttobehappy

One confusing aspect though of the medication is the Libido. I feel like I am not attracted to men anymore and now have intrusive sexual thoughts (some feel real!). I want to be normal, fall in love, get married and live a normal life. I sometimes worried that I am no longer human (This is my second post on here and am really nervous about writing about myself). But there is a part of me that does not.

3 months is definitely long enough for the temporary side effects to fade, if you still have concerns I think it's worth talking to your doctor. Perhaps another dose level or different SSRI might work for you.

Guest Iwanttobehappy

Hi Iwanttobehappy,

I'm on Citalopram here in the U.K.

I have felt a sense of apathy whilst taking my meds in the past. I'm on a lower dose now & I don't feel quite so detatched.

Maybe this is because I am on a lower dose, but it may also be because I'm also in therapy for general anxiety & low mood.

To deal with this, my therapist is having me think about the various aspects in my life I would like to make changes in & how to go about making these changes.

I still feel a bit apathetic at times, but I feel I would be more like that if I didn't have something to work towards. It can be difficult at times so I have to to break things up into short term, mid term & long term, & take things a day at a time.

Do you think something similar would help you? Looking in to aspects of your life you would like to improve & work on ways to improve them?

Maybe it would help you get some pleasure out of life again?

Whatever you do, don't let the OCD convince you that you need it. It's just another ploy it use's & won't make you feel more human. After all, the average person doesn't need OCD to tell them how to feel & it will only fill you with anxiety anyway.

I wish you all the best with whatever you decide to do

Symps

Hi Symps!

Thanks for the response (my apologies for not responding sooner).

I am glad to know that I am not alone. I try to focus on my art work, my future (like graduate school)

I just find it hard, because my OCD sees me as a bad person.

I am a little nervous about writing more about myself.

Guest Iwanttobehappy

I suffer from POCD, and have been isolating from others.

I have these weird sensations.

Every time I see a child I keep asking myself, "Am I attracted or not?"

It's hard-I don't want to feel this way. But why? I am in constant battle with my thoughts.

I'm new and am nervous about writing about myself, so please bear with me.

It has controlled my life and overall wellbeing.

Hi there IWTBH yes I was on luvox in the past actually it was one of the medications I got some bvenefit out of it was not too bad for a while but then I had to try something else.But this as we know of course it's very commonn what may work for one doesn't work for another.Yes also with the libido is a very common problem well I've had this for years& I know it is very common with depression unfortunately :original: .