Can ocd make you paranoid

Guest eden1616

Guest eden1616

I have been a bit paranoid lately and I am wondering if ocd can cause this. I keep thinking people are trying to poison me I also feel like I am being followed.

Guest HeadAboveWater

I believe that yes, people with OCD can suffer from paranoia. I think it is due to the increased anxiety levels. I have suffered from paranoia many times with OCD. It can strike at the most random moments and in the most random ways.... just like OCD.

Yeah I think& surely can see OCD can cause& is linked to paranoia the anxiety thinking something may happen to you,also down the years many times I felt paranoid people looking at me& thinking they're thinking something, also I know a bit is linked personally to my BDD&Depression as well.But yeah OCD is very commonly linked to paranoia for e.g I would think so often imagine what people are thinking of me, I had a fair bit of paranoia a fair bit in my life& I could list examples surely linked to OCD :original: .

Oh yes many times I felt paranoid as I would think for e.g I wonder what these people are thinking of me I can give you a classic e.g I would write lists a lot& my wallet would get very full with papers so I would try to hide it so no one would see as I feared what they would think that's just one of my examples personally maybe not the same but I can relate to the paranoid thoughts&feelings surely :original: .

Guest eden1616

Yeah the only thing I am wondering is cause when I get paranoid it isn't linked to an ocd thought it is related to something else but would that still make ocd the cause?

Guest HeadAboveWater

actually, tonight I am very paranoid. I was talking to my friend on the phone about my OCD fears and I had my window open. I live in a condo and I was explaining the details of my fears to my friend. Now I am worried my neighbours could have heard me talking about my pedo fears, as my window was open and they are just below me. Now I am worried that my neighbours might think I am a pedo and hate me.... ugh!!! help! what should i think/do???? Is this still OCD?

Guest eden1616

Ok but when I get paranoid (and seeing as this is my thread) it isn't related to an ocd thought so I am wondering if it is still ocd?

Hi eden. I think it is important to remember that extreme stress and severe anxiety can cause paranoia so I definitely think there is a link to the OCD as that is the source of huge stress and anxiety for you.

Guest HeadAboveWater

Head you need to drop the debate now. Put it down as OCD and leave it alone.

i don't know if this is OCD, as someone could have heard me through the window talking to my friend about my OCD fears....

Ok but when I get paranoid (and seeing as this is my thread) it isn't related to an ocd thought so I am wondering if it is still ocd?

SORRY to have mentioned my paranoia on your thread.

Guest eden1616

i don't know if this is OCD, as someone could have heard me through the window talking to my friend about my OCD fears....

SORRY to have mentioned my paranoia on your thread.

Thats ok