Hi

Guest A_nna

Hi everybody,

I'm Anna and I'm a 25 year old girl from Germany . Because of that my english is not the best but I hope its ok for you.

I'm suffered from OCD since I'm 11 . So I'm together with my OCD for quite a long time.

My life with OCD went quite well till my exam in university last autumn . In this time OCD overtook nearly all space in my brain . The rest rest was given to depressions . So there was no space left for regular thoughts. After I passed the exam , even if I have no idea how I did that, it becomes better. Depressions went away and OCD wasn't that stronger anymore, but its still a big part in my life . That why I will go to a hospital in the beginning of next year . But thats not why I come here. I'm not very happy with my job opportunities

in Germany . And because being unhappy is even not helpful in fighting OCD I think about moving to UK . Working there could be much more interesting for me. I'm now interested in how health system and therapy works for you in UK. I heard it would be good to have a private health insurance in UK ? Is it possible to take one even if you are already diagnosed with OCD ? How expensive would that be ? And if you don't have one , how long are waiting times for a therapy normally ? I 'm very sorry for all that question but I don't want to move somewhere before its clear that it works with the disorder treatment there.

Best greetings Anna

Guten tag Anna and welcome to the forums (that's about all the German I know unfortunately). I am sorry to hear about your struggles with OCD. I think it is great you are looking to pursue jobs in the UK, following our dreams is a great way to stay strong in fighting OCD. I am not from the UK so I will let others answer those questions for you. I hope you are able to find the information you need!

Hello and welcome. I can't answer all your questions because I've always had treatment on the NHS, I've never paid for it. I think it's more difficult and more expensive to get private health insurance if you already have a health condition (mental or physical). If you moved to the UK and could afford to pay for therapy I think you could get it pretty much straight away. If you relied on the NHS you could be waiting weeks, months or even over a year. Hopefully someone with experience of private healthcare can answer your questions.