Very Strange Dreams

Guest Espy

Still doing well with tackling my OCD, which is good, but I've noticed something strange and wondered if it was the medication? I'm on 20mg of Fluoxetine, and the past week or two I've been having incredibly complex and vivid dreams. Some are nightmares, some are just bizzare. I figured out I was dreaming in last night's dream, which rarely happens. I was wondering if this was possibly the medication? I know it's a common side effect, but I've been on it for two months now, and it seems weird that I'll start getting a side effect this late in. But I have rarely had such vivid dreams for such a long period of time before. Any similar experiences? This isn't getting me down or upsetting me, just curious.

Guest Leighbee

Hi Espy I am on fluoxetine and i have very vivid dreams some nights. I beleive it is the medication, Glad your doing well with your OCD keep it up!

Leigh x

Guest Nowhereboy

Hey, well i have the most CRAZY dreams every single night and im not on any meds. I put it down to stress etc, i used to take recreational drugs which may or may not have contributed..... I often almost hear my dreams narrated as if someone is telling me a story, or il have a dream in a dream etc, lucid dreams are not to uncommon for me either. At first it freaked me out but i dont mind it now, Infact somtimes il end up sleeping for longer just to finish off a dream haha. I have good control over my dreams, its pretty interesting actually.

Hi Espy,

Vivid dreams are all part of the process. I've been having plenty the last couple of nights and believe me, they feel VERY real; they're like stories! Crazy! Hopefully they should calm down soon. :)

C xxx