Hello I'm new too!

Guest Ibelieveinfairies

Guest Ibelieveinfairies

Hi I'm new to this forum, in fact this is the first forum I've joined.

I'm 33 years old and have recently been diagnosed as OCD. I have intrusive thoughts which are always to do with my husband. I am morbidly jealous so I obsess over him looking at other women. Sounds silly when I write it down but it takes over my and my husbands life. We nearly split up after 16 years of being together because of it all.

I have an intrusive thought then I question my husband but the more I get an answer the more questions pop into my head to ask him. My relief seeking behaviour/compulsion is to get a required answer from my hubby which keeps me happy. This doesn't last long.

I'm awaiting treatment and have just been put on new meds.

Hope I haven't put anyone off as I feel like I've just off loaded when I meant to just introduce myself. I come on here just now as 1-10 (1=Suicidal 10=ontop of the world) I'm feeling around 4. I'm trying to busy myself.

It's no problem explaining what you face.

You hit the nail on the head when you said the relief you get from the compulsion doesn't last long.

In therapy you should learn that the way out is to stop the compulsive behaviour. Stop questioning your husband. It will be difficult but it's doable.