Treating OCD Homeopathically

Guest Gettingbetter

Guest Gettingbetter

Hi everyone I decided to wean myself off my medication which I am now off two months and trying to treat with homeopathic medicine. Has anyone tried to treat their OCD with homeopathic medicine? Since coming off meds thoughts and anxiety feel like out of control. Do I stick with homeopathic medicine or go back on meds?

It's really your decision!

I studied pharmacology at university so am pretty pro-drugs as treatment goes.

If the drugs worked for you and you know they will relieve your anxiety its maybe worth talking to your GP.

For good advice see your pharmacist!

Personally I think it's best if you can stay/get off meds. But I don't know anything about you or how severe your ocd has been in the past. What kind of homeopathic stuff are you using? Have you had CBT? If you're really struggling maybe you should go back to your dr and ask for a low dose of something to help with the anxiety.

I'm using a mix of St John's Wort for the depression side, Rescue Remedy for the anxiety, a 6 week CBT course and some ERP when I'm not too anxious to try. So far, I've cooked two meals and used a knife without hurting anyone!

It really is your call, SSRI's and propranolol weren't for me but they work well for others.

Good luck with whatever you decide

FoosBoo88

It's probably slightly hypocritical of me to say this as I haven't gone down the medication route, but maybe another type would help?

As Foos has alluded to, what type works for one person may not help another, it can be a case of trial and error before finding the one that does the trick, just an idea.

In terms of homeopathy, I can't see that it can do any harm, but it is quite controversial - I'd be concerned if you're paying a fair amount of money to consult someone w/o anything in the way of good solid evidence that it's helpful.

Good luck though, I hope whichever way you decide to go helps, but I would be tempted to have a word with your GP for their thoughts,

Hal