Happy Christmas One And All

Happy Christmas to each and every one of you on the forums. :HappyXmas:

Today can be a difficult day for those suffering from OCD and anxiety. That very need to feel okay can put so much pressure on us to be so that it often has the opposite effect and makes Christmas a difficult and demanding day. But whatever, It will come and it will go....It's 24 hours and there will be other Christmas's that hopefully will be more enjoyable in the future.

Try and enjoy the little things....eating chocolate :D enjoying a glass of wine, being with friends and family. If things get stressed...retreat and have a snooze, take an hour out and pretend it's because you've had too much trifle if necessary or go for a walk. If you've got little ones try and get involved in their delight.

I'll be in and out....much of the day will be from my phone so forgive any typo's...it's so difficult to see.

I hope you all manage a pleasant day at the very least but I wish you a great one if that's possible.

Happy Christmas from The Moole and her Kipper :fish:

Caramoole :)

Right...off to bed or HE won't visit......good children (and old people) have to be asleep....and I'm sure I just heard Rudolph's bells outside!! ;)

Bit late but Happy Christmas to everyone! :) And yep, all that preparation and then the day goes in a flash lol

Totally relate to what you said Caramoole about feeling the pressure to be "okay". So I say let's just be what we are in the moment and be okay with that. Whether that's depressed, anxious, happy, excited, angry, irritated, guilty, content, whatever. My New Year's resolution will be really tackle my OCD and practice more acceptance :)