help. back with avengence

Guest Alli_1

Guest Alli_1

Hi everyone, ive been taking 60mg of fluextine for a couple of months and was starting to feel a good bit better. Then this week i feel terrible again, all i want to do is sit and cry and not go to work, i dont know what it is but im constantly thinking that everyones talking about me all the time. I dont know if its the ocd or not and was wondering if anyone else has had the same situation ?

Sorry you experiencing problems with your OCD. I used to refer to my episodes like this as 'relapses' but maybe Shar is better with the word 'blip'. Just becuase we have a period of OCD where we are worse, it doent mean we have failed on our mission to conquer it. If we think of it as a blip, it means we can just get back on course and not have to start the whiole therapy/getting better. I can usually get back on the road to recovery where I 'got off', sometimes a bit further behind, bit I have never had to go back to the start.

Shar - I also take 60mgs of fluoxetine a day and I get blips. Actually, I live with OCD every day and have never really got rid of it. I only realise I have had a blip when I start to get better and look back on how I had been. Do you think we suffer these blips becuase out systems become immune to the drugs? I have been taking these for about 7 years believe it or not.