Obsessing over not getting better

I seem to be obsessing more over having this thought/doubt forever than if its true. The thing is I AM getting better, slowly, the anxiety is much better. But the doubt is still there, and to me the doubt not being there is what 'better' is. Living knowing my solipsism thoughts arent true. But I dont know if its really possible to achieve that goal where I feel the thought isnt true. I know I cant have certainty, theres no way to prove it right or wrong either way. I guess im just wondering how will I know when im over this, will I just not be thinking about it anymore(or rarely) or will I actually not have the doubt(even knowing I cant prove it) Sorry if it seems like a silly question but its been bothering me.

For me it was the day I satupright with the realization that for the previous 15 minutes I was at peace in my head. I had been outside, enjoying nice weather, noticing the colour of flowers, the songs of birds and I wasn't interrupted by noisy, senseless thoughts. I get those moments all the time now and I relish them.

There won't be any trumpets going off. No fanfare. One day you'll just slip into a state of peace.

So the doubt will always be there, but it wont bother me anymore? I guess my big worry is that nothing will change, that it will always be like now where it bothers me and is there all the time. Things go back to normal when im not thinking the thoughts, and I guess it will be a long time before I dont think of them much since its already been over a year of constant thinking.

Guest crazyymindddd

im no expert but heres my advice. im suffering pretty bad atm and have been for a few weeks.. im now 21.. but when i was 18 i was in hell for months and i felt the same... but as polarbear said... it just goes... and from my experience the doubts do go... because its like anything.. if i sat here right now and worried about something long enough for example. do i love my parents.... i cant find proof i do but you just know you do.... and you dont question it or think about it.... but lets say that was yoru obsession right now thats all you would question nd think about...... but when you snap out of this ocd world.... and next time you woudl think do i love my parents.. you would know the answer is yes because you just knoww and that would be enough and you would move on.... so the doubts do go eventually..... but when your in this mind set.. like i am now.... i know how you feel you cant see the doubts going... you feel like you need an answer and im exaclty the same right now.. and everyone says kee busy etc etc... but sometimes i feel i dont want to because i dont wanna live a lie incase i am etc etc.... but it does get better and when ocd goes... you cant even understand how the hell you could think that stuff and worry about it... thats my experience anyway

Thank you both for your help. Im hoping I can at least get to where I wonder what I was worried about. I keep tripping up when the anxiety gets lower and the doubt is still present, makes it feel like it will stay that way forever. I know I have to accept it might be forever to move forward but im having alot of trouble with how to go about that.

Guest Cripplingfear

Hey. Don't try to make the small doubt go away. It will stay in the back of your mind for a while but I'm sure you can get better. I got so tired of OCD, that I just decided to take the risk. Instead of pondering over things I have done, shaming myself for certain things and going over details again and again I decided to try to move forward and just take the risk that something terrible actually had happened. Because we can never be sure. That's the basis of subjectivity. The doubt is there, because it's relevant TO YOU. I always remind myself of this: a certain worry is going to be relevant to me as long as I keep repeating it.