worse 48 hours!!

Guest legend

As well as suffering from pure o i have horrendous daily headaches, after trying a new med

i had a massive reaction to them, intrusive thoughts, suicidal ideation, confusion, mood swings,

basically climbing walls!! but i never backed down, close, but im still here and it proves

if you understand, again, what is happening, you come out the other side,

my poor wife had never seen me like that before but luckily im near normal again,

and the migraine tabs are in the bin, where they belong!!

just thought i would share,

legend.

Thanks all, thinking logically, its a bit daft prescribing a medication with these

side effects to someone who has a anxiety based disorder!!!!

Going to try a new one in the new year which has hardly any side effects!!

Feeling not to bad, bit like ricky hatton felt i suppose!!

love ya all

legend x x

Guest sweetie

Hi Legend

I'm so sorry to hear that you were feeling like that. Thank goodness you knew it was the new medicine. Can you remember what they were called by any chance?

I've been prescribed with Sumatriptan or known in the shops as Imigran. It wasn't this one was it?

Just wondering that's all. It does say on several different antidepressants that they can cause the very thing your trying to cure, basically the depression. I've decided to go back down to a lower dose on my antidepressants because I've been feeling much worse since being on a higher dose.

Thank you for sharing that with us.

Hope you feel ok now Legend.

Lots of love.

Sweetie

xx

Hi legend,

Sorry you've had such a rough time.

Migraines are really awful aren't they?

I used to take Imigran (or Sumatriptan) prescribed by my GP and they were really good. He changed me to zomig (zolmitriptan) and they are equally good (I think less expensive for the doc's budget).

I don't know if you can take them every day but I usually get through about a dozen a month - I only need one for each attack as they are very effective.

HTH

Take care

whitebeam

yep, im the same, 23 days of the month in a migranol state, and when

its at its worse i have the intrusive thoughts sometimes with them,

there going to try a new drug in the year, garpatin, it has hardly any

side effects, so fingers crossed,

thanks whitebeam, as you know migraines are very debilitating, and dealing with

pure o as well can be a nightmare, but it wont beat me!!!

take care

legend x

Topiramate (Topamax)has been associated with mood changes, depression and rarely suicidal thoughts or attempted suicide. You should discuss this with your doctor before starting treatment. If you have any mood changes, distressing thoughts, or feelings about suicide or harming yourself at any point while taking this medicine, then it is very important to talk to your doctor or go to a hospital immediately

thinking logically, its a bit daft prescribing a medication with these side effects to someone who has a anxiety based disorder!!!!

This is what infuriates me sometimes Legend :angry: The same goes for sufferers who experience similar problems with anti-depressants. They can be life savers in many or most people, for some they are potentially lethal. I just wish professionals would take the potential side effects seriously each and every time they prescribed them

Caramoole

well its on me records, suicidal ideation, ocd sufferer, depression due to migraines,

so they as always are oblivious!!!

a weaker person than myself maybe could have took a different route, and some of

the thoughts i had were pretty horrific, and as you say not all ssris are suitable,

i found citalpram had the same side effects on me.

Thanks caramoole,

legend. x

Hope you feel better soon legend. Did you know that someone beat our minigolf score? Who is this person? I can't beat 28, no way. Good luck with the new tablets. I had a migraine in august and thought i was dying!take care love nicxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx you rock!

Who is this person? me with a different name ha ha!! only kidding.

yes it does feel like your dying, great with anxiety and intrusive thoughts

mood swings, crying for no reason ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

but im back, another challenge overcome,

thanks nic, you rock to, miaaaaoooooww.

legend