Guest yinyang

I was on it for a while and found it was the best drug I had tried for OCD. After a spell in hospital I was taken off it for suspected heart issue's which I was gutted about to put it mildly.

This is just my personal experience with it and it may not work for someone else, like with caramoole.

I don't want to pee on your fireworks but I don't want you to take a tablet expecting to suddenly be cured either

No, I don't expect to be cured, but if I could have something which makes it easier for me to think clearly and to make resisting compulsions less difficult, than that would be very helpful for me at this time.

And yeah, I keep seeing people say that it's the best of the drugs they tried for OCD. I think I will try it out for a few months and see if it helps me. Again...not expecting a cure, but just something to make helping myself easier.

Clomipramine (Anafranil) really helped me. While it wasn't an overnight cure, after taking it for just a short time (sorry - I don't know how long but I would say weeks or maybe just a few months - certainly not years) I felt a lot better. I was put on it along Clonazepam which probably really helped the anxiety but my intrusive thoughts really just got progressively less and less.

I am still taking them 12 years later - but my GP has never suggested that I stop taking them and, as I am so well, I don't want to risk going backwards.

Good luck, Ryukil :original:

It worked for me for a long time (20+ years). I'm not saying it was a magic cure, but it allowed me to get out of the thought loops. The side effects are very bad for me though. Some people can take it and get up to a high dose (up to 200mg) without too much trouble. I seem to be very very sensitive to it and it takes me an age to taper up and I tend to feel worse if I modify my dose up or down. I'm currently on 57mg (I empty a 10mg capsule a little).

Just my input. It's not a magic cure, but it certainly allowed me to function pretty well.