Its so difficult...

Guest nidu

Hi everyone

My ocd is very bad these days that sometimes it becomes impossible for me to move, magical thinking, religious ocd, black and white thinking,fear,lack of friends, confusion about my faith towards Jesus, self hatred confusion, perfectionism ocd,fear of obsessions,no access to medical due to some reason, no motivation,etc these are making me live hell on the earth.

I dont know what to do

You have to try & not perform compulsions Nidu, no matter what theme is in your head, don't give into the urge to perform a compulsion & don't ruminate (sitting there going over why you are having these thoughts).

Dwelling on failures isn't healthy for you Nidu, you can't your OCD & your own negative thoughts, you have to let these go & concentrate on fighting your OCD. It's all practice :original:

Try to remain positive, when you fail, try to understand why you failed & learn from your mistake.

Guest worriedmum

Hey nidu, it's small steps at a time and it's ok to take one or two steps back, as long as you are still taking steps forward when you can. Don't waste time going over 'mistakes' or times you feel you've failed but keep moving forward. And before you know it you will be further along than you realised. It is hard and I can only imagine how scary it is feeling this way... but I do believe you can take some positive steps towards getting better. My son told me the other day he can hardly believe some of the fears and obsessions that gripped him a few years ago because they hold no power or fear over him whatsoever now. He still has ups and downs but he has been able to see the progress he has made, but it does take time.

Remember how far you have come Nidu, when I first saw you on here, you were really struggling, you have come a long way & you will go a lot further :original:

Try to stay positive & don't be too hard on yourself :original:

• 3 weeks later...