making threats!!!

Guest AJ45

Have no idea what's going on at the minute - I spend a lot of my time with thoughts of death in my head . I have analysed it best I can and think it's more of a "I need to stop this life and start again " than anything else.

I am fearful of the future and am predicting how possible future events will affect me, because of my ocd.

So now when my ocd gets the better of me and I panic about a situation I find myself saying to my partner " if you don't do that ( do something the way I want it done ) then the consequence for me is I won't cope and I'm already having thoughts of death"

This behaviour is wrong, cruel , and just down right horrid .

Am I doing this because I'm a nasty person or is this my OCD talking?

AJ, you certainly don't come across as nasty at all. I would say you are terrified and saying this as you feel it will help your partner to understand and do (or not do) things that inflame your OCD more.

i think its your ocd talking but you dont have to listen.so hard i know but just leave the thoughts there.the thoughts dont have to control you.it seems so real but thats ocd,a horrible condition that we have to live with.

I'm not going to answer your question and give you reassurance.

You are having obsessions and involving others in performing compulsions. You going about this backwards.

First of all you said you are analyzing the thoughts. That's a compulsion and has exactly the opposite effect you think it should. Doing so will only reinforce the obsessions and keep them top of mind. You need to resist analyzing. Secondly, you are involving others in your compulsions. Again, not a good thing to do.

You need to allow these thoughts about death, etc. into your mind and practice not dealing with them. Don't react to them. Let them be. Practice not performing compulsions because of them and just let them die of apathy.