Hi my name david

Hi all my name david from uk. I have ocd. the thoughts I have are like washing my hands many times turning the channals on the tv over and over again if I don't do it I think something might. happen. like today I am using works pc. to use the internet to check my emails and ebay ect and to try find forums like this where I can share my thoughts and maybe help others. today been bad for me I was on the pc and checking my ebay few hours later I get a thought. sounds silly but I am checking my ebay on the pc now I am checking my stuff I brought the ocd thought comes though. that theses items are not mine they are not mine. and I have a feeling that I should chuck the things I brought away because I check my ebay on this laytop. does my head in I feel sometimes I cant live my life right. hope to hear from you all.

Thankyou david

Guest dilee7

Hi David

I would like to know that how you first started to feel these unwanted thoughts making you repeating things in daily life. If i tell about myself i am a 16 years ocd sufferer. My ocd started when i was ateenage girl.i had to face some emotional abuse from my family and that time i had an affair. He left me so i was depressed with all those problems. So i started doing things to make my mind to stop my anxiety. First thing i started was i wrote good things and bad things on a paper up to ten numbers. Then i started counting them 3 by 3. Until it left with a good thing.

hi thankyou for the reply

I started to feel these problems at the age of 18 i am now 34 and my ocd feels like it taking over my life. everyday i get theses thoughts rushing though my head like washing your hands 4 times or turn the tv on few times and things get better. also i went on the works pc to check my ebay and to check my items. everything was fine hour later start to get theses thoughts saying them items are not yours now and you must sell everything or get rid of the items all becasue i check my ebay on the works pc. i am sick to death of ocd i feel my life is stop and go at times and i feel like taking my brain out and starting over. i also worry alot and i always ask people is it ok about things ect. i also suffer from tinnitus whitch does not help. i been though the nhs to help with my ocd and i feel did not help i am also on Citalopram 20 mg but feel i need a higher dose. at this time in doing this reply i geting ocd thoughts,.

Guest dilee7

THANKS FOR REPLYING ME DAVID,

I want to ask you a question. You said you are taking tablets for ocd. Do u feel better when you taking them. I have never been to a see a doctor to tell about my ocd. This monday i booked an appointment with a lady doctor to tell that i have ocd.i hope she will help me do something. I used to bang my head on the wall even i was at my age 20s. I feel like i have a brain damage. Because i am very aggressive when i get angry.but i ama very sensitive person. Back to ur ocd, you said you do asking question from people repetedly. I do the same thing. but my ocd reduced when i did meditation at when i was age 23. i am a buddhist. In my relegeion we do maditation to understand about our life,mind and body. That helped me that time. But i got married then i faced with problems in my marriage. You can read my story on introducing page as 16 yrs ocd sufferer.

Edited by dilee7

Hi dilee how are you?

Well when I take my medcation I feel ok but I feel it does not help me that mush so I think maybe I need a higher dose. I am thinking of doing meditation has well to help my mind.

Ocd for me like a wall in my mind I cant seem to jump over the wall and then sometimes I can jump over. and carry on with what I am doing.