Online support groups for BDD + win £30 Amazon voucher!

Guest NottinghamUniversity

Dear all,

I am reposting my study into online support groups for body dysmorphic disorder and participants (old and new) can enter a prise draw for a $50 (£30/€37.5) Amazon voucher.

Online support groups (OSGs) have been found of value to a number of mental and physical healthconditions but have not yet been looked at within the context of BDD. I want to see if such online groups (such as the forum for BDD on here) may help empower those who suffer from the disorder.

The study, which has been approved by the University of Nottingham Research Ethics Committee, consists of an online questionnaire comprised of multiple-choice questions that take approximated 10 minutes to answer.

For more information and to take part in the study, please click on the link below:

http://www.survey.bris.ac.uk/nottingham/osgsbdd

To enter the Amazon voucher prise draw please e-mail me with your participant codes at:ttxom6@nottingham.ac.uk. For those of you who have participated already this constitutes yourfirst and last initials followed by the date and month that you were born, i.e. IIDDMM).

Thank you for your time and we would be extremely grateful if you are able to complete the questionnaire.

We hope that the results will help those with BDD.

Kindest Regards,

Oliver (MSc student) & Dr Neil Coulson

Fyi the study has 57 participants so far and I am aiming for a minimum of 60 (the amount needed for the statistical tests I am hoping to use) by the end of this month, so that I can analyse the data in August and submit my completed project in September :-)

Oliver