Coping strategies....please help. I have tried mindfulness but can't do it...desperate.

Guest sophiethecat2003

Guest sophiethecat2003

Hi all,

I'm back again.

I have had some lovely replies regarding coping strategies.

I have problems trying to deflect my thoughts onto say watching and listening to what's going on around me.

I can't stop mirror checking and worrying that things with my eye bags are worse daily.

Anyone got any ideas or strategies that might help.

I am desperate and don't know what to do next to help myself

Thanks everyone

Best wishes

Sophie ☺ xx

I have a thought about this but it's kind of out there. Maybe, remove all of your mirrors, yes, all of them. Just put them out of reach or cover them up for a week, or even longer if you feel like it. I know that may sound weird but it may help you. Now others may disagree with me but it's removing your compulsions and that's what you can't resist right now, worth trying for a little bit.

what about coming off the mirrors gradually as you might come off drugs.I found this helful.Reduce the time and frequency a little each day until you are looking only once a day in the morning to get ready and can resist any further checking until the next day.Worked for me really well.Have you read the book " Body image problems including body dysmorphic disorder " by David Veale.Really helped me a lot