I'm really nervous about writing on this forum, but I don't really know what to do anymore. I feel like I'm alone in my 'battle' with my OCD. My family are there for me but I know they don't understand and that's fine because I don't understand it myself but I really need some one to tell me I'm gonna be ok or something but no one will help me (NHS). I'm on medication but it seems to be making things worse, any advice?

Hey! I have been feeling the same way sometimes lately. My parents don't really understand OCD and therefore are not actively helping me with the process of getting help right now (though I made an appointment with a psychologist). If you need someone to talk to, please feel free to private message me. Also, is your medication a medication that's based on seratonin - because that is the kind of medication that is supposed to be helpful for OCD. Also do you go to a therapist and do you know that OCD is treated through cognitive behavioral therapy and not just by talking about OCD? You probably know this about OCD but just making sure haha. As I said feel free to pm me.

Guest silentnelite

Hi there, I also joined the forums for that very reason so you are not alone! Like svr mentioned above, my parents don't really get OCD either. Even if things don't seem to be going the way you want it to be right now, keep going. I think you'll be thankful that you did later on. As for the meds, how long have you been taking them? Sometimes when you start off it may make your symptoms worse before it actually starts working the way it's supposed to. Also like svr mentioned, you should look for a professional to try CBT with. I hope you feel better!

Hey! I have been feeling the same way sometimes lately. My parents don't really understand OCD and therefore are not actively helping me with the process of getting help right now (though I made an appointment with a psychologist). If you need someone to talk to, please feel free to private message me. Also, is your medication a medication that's based on seratonin - because that is the kind of medication that is supposed to be helpful for OCD. Also do you go to a therapist and do you know that OCD is treated through cognitive behavioral therapy and not just by talking about OCD? You probably know this about OCD but just making sure haha. As I said feel free to pm me.

Thanks svr, I am on Fluoxetine and I am on a waiting list for CBT but I have been waiting since June. Are you on medication also?

Hi there, I also joined the forums for that very reason so you are not alone! Like svr mentioned above, my parents don't really get OCD either. Even if things don't seem to be going the way you want it to be right now, keep going. I think you'll be thankful that you did later on. As for the meds, how long have you been taking them? Sometimes when you start off it may make your symptoms worse before it actually starts working the way it's supposed to. Also like svr mentioned, you should look for a professional to try CBT with. I hope you feel better!

hi silentnelite I've been taking the medication 9 weeks and they've already doubled the dose. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Steven08

Hello I really need some advice I see a doctor about two times a month about my OCD and I really can't handle taking anymore tables I feel it makes it worse I've been taking them for 3 years or more and they tell me they don't know what to do if these ones don't work they must of tried every table going I just feel lost and If they can't help me then who can?

Thanks svr, I am on Fluoxetine and I am on a waiting list for CBT but I have been waiting since June. Are you on medication also?

Hey. Replying kind of late so you might not get this haha, but I actually just started taking fluoxetine too haha. The doctor started me off on 10mg just to be safe because I got depressed sometimes recently, so I'm not feeling the effects when it comes to OCD. It will be raised though. How long have you been taking fluoxetine? Also, are there not many psychologists in your area who use CBT?

Edited by svr
Guest Alinnea

I am new here and also have obsessive thoughts. Hate OCD:/ Feel really lonely because it has made me less social but I recently told my mother about it and got help and now I am also at fluoxetine. Feel's a bit scary too go on medication but I think it work's pretty good.

I am new here and also have obsessive thoughts. Hate OCD:/ Feel really lonely because it has made me less social but I recently told my mother about it and got help and now I am also at fluoxetine. Feel's a bit scary too go on medication but I think it work's pretty good.

Hi Alinnea,

Its best to treat the medication as "waterwings" to help you cope and keep afloat.

But you need to engage with therapy to tackle the Obsessive thoughts, and the best form is Cognitive Behaviour Therapy.

Take a look at the "How We Can Help You" tab on the main OCD-UK website

Hey. Replying kind of late so you might not get this haha, but I actually just started taking fluoxetine too haha. The doctor started me off on 10mg just to be safe because I got depressed sometimes recently, so I'm not feeling the effects when it comes to OCD. It will be raised though. How long have you been taking fluoxetine? Also, are there not many psychologists in your area who use CBT?

Hi, I've been on fluoxetine for about 12 weeks now. I'm currently seeing a psychologist but there isn't many mental health help facilities in Wales.

Hi, I've been on fluoxetine for about 12 weeks now. I'm currently seeing a psychologist but there isn't many mental health help facilities in Wales.

What is the dose of fluoxetine that you are taking?

(Also somebody replied to one of the topics I started a while ago with a suggestion for skype therapy sessions http://www.ocdonline...ervices.php#top. I'm not sure how legit it is or if it works outside of the United States but this person said it helped him. Just wanted to post this.)