Hi I need help my Ocd annoying me

Guest sue2blue

Guest sue2blue

Hi my name is Sue I'm 35 and I've got Ocd. I was on here a few years ago about Ocd but things have changed since then (flat move etc), but my Ocd is at a point now where I can be brief about my ocd for now, but I feel I'm unable to do the things I used to do, like go out of an afternoon and see people etc.

I'm off schedule with things like sleep due to ocd latching onto later times and I go to bed around 5am which is so annoying as I want to be in bed earlier than then. My ocd is like I have to 'wait' till times feel right for me to go out, tapping a doorhandle, hoovering in a certain pattern, sometimes counting in 3's when I have to hoover a section, on the carpet, I can't manage my money properly and I can get intrusive thoughts so yeah it's difficult.

I used to go to the Ocd Support Group in Liverpool but I haven't been able to go there for about a year and half now and I miss going. I'm going to phone the doctors in the next few days cos I do need help with this, I just wanted to get things that are in my head now, as in explaining ocd, onto here..

thanks for reading

Sue

Guest Sisyphus

Hi Sue,

Sorry you've had a resurgence in your OCD. I keep hearing of this and wonder if it anyone can ever really say they've got over it.

From a fellow night owl,

David.