Feeling stressed and down

Guest Honey35

Hi having a stressful day I'm suffering with depression and ocd at home today but my wifi is on the blink and now my tele has no signal have put a DVD on now but feel really stressed as my depression is so bad right now I guess I just wanted to get out how I am feeling today

Guest Whizz4848

Hi honey sorry you're having a tough day. Try not to let one thing link to another as a series of bad events. I know it's easy for me to say but our minds love it when we join up one event after another and create a harder picture for ourselves. Deep breathing, cup of herbal tea, talk with friends, watch that DVD. I know I probably sound like an old hippie but be gentle with yourself okay. Do you read much git some great books I could recommend ? What's the DVD by the way ?

Cheers Whizz

Thank you for your kind words thats so nice of you , yes I used to read more but can't concentrate like I used to I am watching aviator only one I could get to first . I haven't been this depressed in a long time I have recently started in sertraline so I am hoping they start to work soon . Thanks again for the support

Guest Whizz4848

You know what the Aviator is about yeah? Just seems like one of most well known films about OCD, just wondered if you were aware of that? Mindfulness (Finding Peace n a Frantic World) this is a self help book, but its really good spread over about 8 weeks helps you learn techniques in meditation, relaxation and general mindfulness, e.g. watching thoughts and not getting caught up in them and taking the power away from them. Its hard but I'm trying it daily and I would def say there is something to it.

If you don't mind a bit of Buddhist stuff any of pema Chodrons books are lovely. Particularly the Places That Scare You and When Things Fall Apart. Don't be put off by the titles, they are really good. I've just been signed off work for another 3 weeks, its hard as my anxiety ocd thoughts and chronic fatigue mean I'm not really ready at all to go back, but it makes me feel a bit broken and like I'm the only person failing at things. Its really tough.

Feel free to message me again its nice to chat, but only if you have the energy and the headspace to chat okay.

Be gentle with yourself and look after yourself. ;)

So sorry to hear your not feeling good I totally understand how your feeling as I am feeling the same , you have been a great support to me today I hope that makes you feel good because it should do . Yes I have watched the aviator before as it's close to my heart my fav film lol. I am very interested in the books and I so need to meditate so thank you so much for that . I can identify with feeling broken and I hope I can be of support when your feeling down also be good to yourself and you are no way failing so don't let your anxiety tell you that , you are just going through a hard time ATM ocd is a hard illness to live with so I think you are doing amazing . The sertraline are very good an have made me feel more stable but I have only been on them for a couple of weeks so need to give them more time . Are you taking any medication ATM ? It really does help me and wouldn't hurt to try it maybe talk to your g.p about it . You can message me anytime whizz and il always be here to listen and support you . Be good to yourself and relax your mind as much as you can .?

Guest Whizz4848

Did the sertraline give you any major side effects so far? Thanks for your kind words to really lovely of you. I have Pure O, always thinking I'm going to do something crazy, violent of harmful to myself or others and yet I'm a really gentle peaceful person its totally the opposite of my nature. That's why its so hard for all of us, we are nothing like our thoughts in reality. Hey what other films you into, I am a self confessed film geek so if you want any good reccomendations let me know. :original:

The sertraline do make you feel a little worse at the beginning such as anxiety a bit shaky but I have been on them before and they saved me I came of them 5 months ago thinking I would be fine but obviously not . So I have started taking them again and wish I never stopped them , they are prescribed for ocd and I think they are a really good medication , I too was diagnosed with pure o / harm ocd and suffered with intrusive thoughts from the minute i woke up to the minute I went to sleep. I had cbt and it really helped me so much have you ever had cbt? I know how draining and terrifying it is as it is the exact opposite of everything we Beleive in so I understand how your feeling , are you taking anything for this ATM it will really help if you do as it will help your symptoms tho I know medication isn't for everyone , I def get a lot of relief from it and I know I have to take them . I love films my favourites are true stories about people I love them lol. How about you wat films do you like ? I hope I have been of some help and something that really helped me which was so hard to do but works is to not try and fight of the intrusive thoughts in cbt they tell you to think of them on purpose or when they come into your mind leg them be and let them pass because the more you try to stop them the more they are there , if you can try this and it isn't easy I know but the more you do it the more it works and your mind will go onto something else , it's supposed to make the intrusive thoughts boring and not frightening but it does take a while I hope this helps whizz ?

Guest Whizz4848

Hiya honey thanks fir that I'm not taking any meds at present been trying to do it all with sleep diet etc. but I think I may give setraline a go as it sounds promising. Does it actually do anything for the thoughts themselves ? Like make them less etc ? My favourite films are all kind of cult/indie films. I love wild at heart, brick, fish tank, little white lies stuff like that. Look em up online so you can see the kind of stuff I mean. Really good chatting to you and thanks for your support. I'm hoping I can sleep tonight as last nite was bad sleep. Chat tomorrow :)

Thank you I think the side effects from my sertraline have been making me feel worse so I need to just ride it out until they start working as I do not feel good ATM . Thank you for your kind words how r you?

Hello Honey i am sorry you are feeling bad at the moment,i expect as you say the Sertraline isn't helping,there is also a funny cold like virus going around so it could be that,try and take it easy.

Hope you soon start to feel better x

Thank you daisy I feel better today a lot calmer and slept well last night that always helps hope you r ok I'm always here to support you on the forum so feel free to talk to me anytime . Have a great day ?