What is real and what is not real with these sexual intrusive thoughts?

Guest sophie13

Guest sophie13

Hi! Some of you have more experience in dealing with sexual intrusive thoughts than me and maybe you can help. I have OCD for a long time and its only recently that I've started to have sexual intrusive thoughts. One of my fears is that I'm bot going to know when I feel arousal and when I am monitoring myself the sexual area. And It's happening.... I look at movies and there was an erotic scene and I found myself checking "that" area... then I asked myself: did you feel real arousal or you became "aware" of that area like you become many times with triggers or without...

To be honest, sometimes I am "aware" for hours... It's very disturbing... My sex life is inexistent at this moment....

Have you experienced this? can you get your sex life back like before after experiencing thoughts like this? I have no idea how to get my sexlife back as I am afraid to have sex with my husband...

PS: for those who know me and helped me before

I've been on vacation, Italy, Croatia and it was great. I had thoughts but I managed to be happy too.

Guest sophie13

Well... I don't think it matters... I don't want to talk about them too much. Me, as other people, get "inspired" by other posts and create new obsessions for themselves. So I've chosen not to talk about the content of the thoughts. It doesn't even matter... they are just disturbing... cause me anxiety