Local IAPT Services

On paper, IAPT was a fantastic investment, and promised to improve access to services, but in reality I think people with OCD are getting no improvements, and I would suggest a worse service than pre-IAPT days under the old primary care CMHT.

As a national charity one problem I am finding is that locating services is now impossible because every local IAPT service is called something different (Health in Mind, Mind matters etc, etc). The NHS Choices database was messed up (I am told someone was given access to add non-IAPT services to it by mistake), so you cant use the official database to search for IAPT services, and I have now spent 24 hours trying to locate the IAPT service for Northallerton. I am now waiting on the IAPT head office at the Dept of Health to give me the details.

I am proving unpopular with a few health professionals at the moment, because I keep repeating the same thing, that generally (there is the odd good service) IAPT is simply not working for people with OCD. They don't like the fact I am being critical, but then perhaps that is our job as a charity, not to be popular, but to speak out when services are not working too well.

In fact, Lansley should look at IAPT as a model of involvement by private providers before he sells off more of the NHS, to be fair it was started by Labour. But Lansley wants to sell off more of the NHS, IAPT as shown it results in cheap tenders, cheaper service for patients, patients suffer, fragmented services with each local service working to different standards, selling off more of the NHS to private providers is really not a good idea, as IAPT shows.