My achievment thread

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went outside yesterday for nearly an hour, made it all the way up the steps (wioth assistence) and sat on the patio area in the folding chair

Threw ball for Anne

Bought a scarf and hat so that I dont feel so exposed and to keep the sun off

Saw the OT today

Going to get me a walking aid more secure than the walking stick

Going to try to

Fit a shower with seat - bringing swivel seat in the mean time

Fit railings on the path, pation, back door

Secure the stones on our pation because they didnt cement them down

Bad news: I have to wait to see a psychologist

Edited by Phili

That is brilliant news Phili and just what I want to hear. Very Well Done :thumbup:

Do you feel proud of yourself and have a buzz from the achievement? You deserve to.

Glad to hear that the OT has been helpful and is sorting some practical help for you. How's the dieting doing? If you can make inroads there it will all help with the walking and the more you manage to move around that helps with the weight too, so it becomes a win/win situation.

What else are you looking forward to? What's on your long term Buzz List?

Keep going Phili this is good.

Positive and you are facing up to your demons and sittong with them.

Small steps , and small progress is a sensible approach.

Be proud and take encouragement.

Roy

Phili - i am so delighted for you - you are really doing so well. Well done for sitting outside in the garden and all that you have done out there - speaking to your neighbour and so on.

You are doing fantastically.........keep going with these things - you will be moving towards recovery.

This is so brave - it is so difficult to make hese changes and take these steps.

Well done

whitebeam x

This is more like it Philli. Well done for pushing back at the OCD- keep up the good work and take the time to pat yourself on the back for this.

Edited by Binxy

And how are you enjoying it, does it make you feel good?

btw....get some sun on your arms if you can :)

I feel awful actually, obviously it affects my nerves and most of what I feel is fear but i do enjoy going out there, but my muscles are screaming XD

Edited by Phili
I feel awful actually, obviously it affects my nerves and most of what I feel is fear but i do enjoy going out there, but my muscles are screaming

Well that's to be expected after all this time.....the important thing is that you've been doing it and that is very powerful stuff. Every time you do it you're weakening the grip. Revel in your achievements and be very proud, it takes courage :)

....And don't forget, those unused muscles are doing a lot more work so they will object, it's a bit like a work-out session.

Physically I feel awful, I still have many of he anxiety symptoms and am still able to work myself up and I still have mild anxiety attacks, the heat gets to me but I guess all that is to be expected, I am pushing myself and I think the physical side of that pushing is worth it

I am now on 100g of my pills, if they are causing side effects then its things I usually get with anxiety and stress LOL

Edited by Phili