Encouraging songs?

Guest Liz whiz

Guest Liz whiz

Does anybody have any encouraging songs they like to listen to when tackling their ocd?

The only one I can think of at the moment is 'Let it go' although I'm almost sick of hearing it :)

I was in my friend's cafe the other day, and she plays the "Gold" radio channel on her large "retro-look" radio.

On came "Streets of London" by Ralph McTell - a brilliant folk ballad.

I had his LP with it on, learned it and would sing it accompanied on my guitar. All this well before I got married - so probably 40 years ago.

Amazingly, I can remember all the words. Its a song whose chorus is all about cheering up a lonely person - someone for whom "the sun don't shine", by singing about interesting characters they might find on the streets of London.

I sang my heart out to it in the cafe yesterday - it still is a great, great, uplifting song for me after all these years.

"Annie's song " by John Denver.

John's love for his wife Annie and what she neant to him - whatever difficulties encountered - shines out like a beacon through every word every note of this famous song; another one I would enjoy singing and playing at home in my earlier years.

'Don't Be So Hard On Yourself' by Jess Glynn, just released. My GP told me last year that I was being hard on myself and it feels like that (only sadly, it's hard to kind of know how to ruddy well stop :p) and this song is much needed. I'd give it a listen; one of the few cool songs in today's charts!

I also like "It's A Beautiful Day" by U2.

Helps me see that it is, when an OCD'd mind tries to make me believe that it isn't.

Great tune, taurean. I just thought of another one from that same album: Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of. Some of the lyrics:

I'm not afraid

Of anything in this world

There's nothing you can throw at me

That I haven't already heard

You've got to get yourself together

You've got stuck in a moment

And now you can't get out of it

Great tune, taurean. I just thought of another one from that same album: Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of. Some of the lyrics:

I'm not afraid

Of anything in this world

There's nothing you can throw at me

That I haven't already heard

You've got to get yourself together

You've got stuck in a moment

And now you can't get out of it

Many of us here are stuck, and a lot of the forum traffic is about getting unstuck, so that is a good song for us.

Guest Liz whiz

Have been listening to these and they're really great.

I had heard that one cub on the radio but didn't know the lyrics - I like it even more now.

Taurean, I love Annie's Song but never actually knew what it was called!

Definitely going to do a playlist with all these on!

"Dreams" by Fleetwood Mac never ceases to inspire me.

The wonderful drums of Mick Fleetwood, base by John Mcvie, Lindsay Buckingham on lead guitar, Christine Mcvie on keyboards and Stevie Nicks on vocals, on this track.

The best band line-up for me and, at the time they made the album Rumours, which featured this song, one of the biggest selling albums OF ALL TIME, the Mcvie's marriage was on the rocks, so too the relationship between Buckingham and Nicks.

They seemed to re-channel all that resultant emotion into the songs and music they had written and played - the album was at its time absolutely sensational - and still is now - still the songs seem fresh and inspirational now - and they can be downloaded.

Edited by taurean

"Dreams" by Fleetwood Mac never ceases to inspire me.

The wonderful drums of Mick Fleetwood, base by John Mcvie, Lindsay Buckingham on lead guitar, Christine Mcvie on keyboards and Stevie Nicks on vocals, on this track.

The best band line-up for me and, at the time they made the album Rumours, which featured this song, one of the biggest selling albums OF ALL TIME, the Mcvie's marriage was on the rocks, so too the relationship between Buckingham and Nicks.

Supposedly the making of it was a bit... chaotic (well, it was the 70s); the result is anything but. :walkman:

It's Route 66 in a convertible music. Clear sky, little bit of breeze. No other traffic for miles. The world is yours.