Anxious eating out?

Does anyone else get really anxious when having to go out for meals and how do u deal with it? Last night I went out for a 'celebration' for finishing university. Before hand I felt anxious and had a sore belly. I always order something safe like pasta as it's less likely to make me sick but when sitting round the table I feel anxious sweaty sick constantly have thoughts about what if I throw up? I usually try and avoid it all together as it's actually painful. Today on the phone last nights company was questioning me what was wrong with you last night you were quiet? Bla bla so it must be obvious which is embarrassing, how do others cope with this?

Guest nervous

I'm always anxious when going out but maybe not for the same reason, mine is contamination fears. But whatever the reason it is the same routine...do the thing that causes anxiety...sit with the anxiety without compulsions...repeat.

I think in situations like this you actually have to work to be happy. You need to plaster a look of happiness on your face and challenge your OCD right then and there. Go into a situation like that with the idea that you're going to have no matter if it kills you. A little humorous but that's okay. Sometimes you have to tell your disorder to take a hike so you can enjoy life.