Misconceptions surrounding OCD

Guest LittleMissAnxious

Guest LittleMissAnxious

I have written a blog on Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and the misconceptions surrounding this mental illness. It seems a lot of people don’t realise just how much it can affect a person’s life. OCD is a condition which has impacted upon me and my family greatly and, therefore, is a subject very close to my heart.

Please have a look and follow my blog for support with anxiety, OCD and other mental illnesses:

http://www.anxietybattle.com/2015/09/04/misconceptions-surrounding-ocd/

Good blog entry, Little Miss Anxious. It's clear your poor father suffered greatly. I can only imagine the effect it had on you as a young child. The over-spill of OCD onto family is often forgotten.

Please let us know when your book is available to buy. I'd like to read it.

Guest LittleMissAnxious

Good blog entry, Little Miss Anxious. It's clear your poor father suffered greatly. I can only imagine the effect it had on you as a young child. The over-spill of OCD onto family is often forgotten.

Please let us know when your book is available to buy. I'd like to read it.

Thank you snowbear. I totally agree, OCD and other mental illnesses have a huge effect on the families of those suffering.

I'm glad that you liked the blog entry, please follow the page to keep updated with other entries.

I will let you know when my book is available, it is something which has been a real outlet for me to write and I am hoping it can help others also.

Guest nervous

Good blog, I'm sure your website will help others. The pain that it causes not only for the sufferer but those that love them is something that is misunderstood. I used to fear the inevitable stigma that would effect my kids when the got older and I hated to think how this would influence their lives.

I remember my oldest son who was about 6 when he started being aware of how much I washed my hands and asked me "Dad, how come your always washing your hands? You wash them every minute, it's like your crazy or something" My heart sunk lower then it already was but I still couldn't stop.

This year I have come so far and I know that learning to conquer OCD will give me strength and insight that will empower me to help my boys through their difficulties in their life.

Guest LittleMissAnxious

Good blog, I'm sure your website will help others. The pain that it causes not only for the sufferer but those that love them is something that is misunderstood. I used to fear the inevitable stigma that would effect my kids when the got older and I hated to think how this would influence their lives.

I remember my oldest son who was about 6 when he started being aware of how much I washed my hands and asked me "Dad, how come your always washing your hands? You wash them every minute, it's like your crazy or something" My heart sunk lower then it already was but I still couldn't stop.

This year I have come so far and I know that learning to conquer OCD will give me strength and insight that will empower me to help my boys through their difficulties in their life.

Thank you for your comment. I'm really glad you think it will help others as that is my main aim.

I really feel for you. It is so hard from an outside perspective to understand the compulsions of the sufferer. However, knowing how I was as a child, I am sure that your boys are sympathetic and wouldn't ever want you to feel any sense of guilt.

I am glad that you are doing well this year. I will be sending positivity your way and wishing you the best on your journey to overcome the OCD.